THUNDERDOME Outdoor irrigation questions

@W.B.elpaso
That is funny. I was JUST looking into something similar at a local nursery store. I am still scared about the concept backfiring on me. Then I get all agro grower and say, “It’s nature,I just need to find the strains that can handle the heat…”
But you reminded me in the difference and i need to look for something 40%.
This year was about an irrigation solution.
But next year’s focus-don’t know yet.

I utilize other concepts to hide in plain sight. Nosy neighbors may ask more questions over an obvious addition to the garden. Taller plants I bougt to go alongside the fenceline to blur vision a bit.

I love growing this plant. Setting lofty goals is healthy for me to maintain interest and continue to learn more.
Complacency is the enemy of progress.

Happy Growing!

SL out.

1 Like

@Slug_Life. Well it all looks good. Along the lines of irragation if you are ph checking and adjusting your water your plants do better during hot weather. Elpaso out.

@krismwright I got a pic of the cages…thinking about the next evolution trying to incorporate some type of horizontal trellis.

SL out.

1 Like

I recommend PVC you can build whatever you want and zip tie the trellis to it works great

1 Like

@krismwright Just because I saw you do it doesn’t mean I am able :rofl:
But you are correct. I remember seeing your pics. Duh.

Sometimes,there is just too much resin on my brain… :roll_eyes:
Maybe next season. Thanks again. :facepunch:

SL out.

2 Likes

Yeah support for your plants is like anything in growing, there’s tons of ways to do it.:grin::+1:t2::100::potted_plant::potted_plant:

1 Like

update
I have topped the plants twice. Initially the main cola 10 days ago ,then yesterday additional topping on side branches.
I have only top fed with my Aloe/coconut water concoction twice. The regular waterings are from the emitters doing their thing 3xs a week.
So far so good. No burnt tips,no drooping .
I have build a soil flower top dress and build a bloom incoming and will provide updates soon.
My ask? What is the right time to apply flowering products mentioned above?
Should I apply them now and give them time to break down? Or wait another month till early July and hope the timing is synergistic with flowering?

What is funny and paranoid inducing is that while i wrote this post-the BAS bags arrived via mail.
Spooky. :astonished:

I am tempted to apply the TOP DRESS tomorrow. (Yes, It is tedious to have to reapply the emitter lines while the cage is on top. )The liquid mixed Build a Bloom will wait until July-or sooner? I will attempt to top pour the build a bloom closer to flowering to condition the soil and to play REVEILLE to the roots.
“Quit yer grinnin’ and pick up your linen…”

SL out.

2 Likes

Update
Today the heat forced me to water over the top. I have a boogie brew filter attached to the hose.

I may increase the frequency of the watering,but not the duration.
Maybe 4xs a week instead of 3.
But if I think too much I may increase the duration a tad also.

SL out.

1 Like

@Slug_Life. Nice plants. I dont mean to just jump in but, i have been checking out the bas line and have some products for my grow also. You might double check that top dress. I think it goes on at first sighn of flower. " preflower" . i have the top dress nutrient pack. I haven’t used it yet. You have a great start. They are gonna be huge.

1 Like

@W.B.elpaso Thanks for the input. :+1: I am stuck with how to hold the flowering ferts/soil for a few weeks until pre-flowers. I may empty the bags in a plastic rubbermaid(with ventilation holes drilled already)and keep it moist until then. I just don’t want to waste or neglect the premium atuff.

SL out.

1 Like

I actually put like a quarter strength of the build a boom into my seed sprouted tea just to make sure there’s a little potassium and phosphorus available even though the plant is not in flower it definitely needs some of that and a lot of General vegetative nutrients don’t have quite enough you’ll start seeing crusty edges on your leaf from the lack of potassium. It also gets them used to it. I wouldn’t start giving it full strength build a bloom until you’re in full on pre flower. The cool thing about build a bloom is its pretty much plant available so it doesn’t need to be put in there way earlier to make sure the plant can take it up. Wait till you start to see the buds forming and then give it a good dose only do it once every 3 weeks or so it’s very strong stuff and it will stunt your plant if you do it too often. Also once you hit flower I would start to give it a sugar Source once every month to month and a half so probably only a couple times during flower total don’t want those microbes to get lazy:-)

@krismwright @W.B.elpaso
Thanks for the guidance! :facepunch:
I held off on flowering stuff,but I did dust this morning with a little BAS re-amend and earthworm castings, and H20. Just a little. The heat wave has started,so giving them a little bit more attention.
I will make a flowering tea,just once,at the beginning of flowering. I made a AACT tea at the beginning of Veg-but only that one time. I downloaded the feed schedule from BAS as a guideline.
I figure a little over a month before pre-flowers-but duly noted on a sugar source. Maybe I will pour some of pop’s grape Kool Aid on the plants to make them feel special :rofl:
Yeah,right. Like I am going to share that sweet ghetto elixir with the ladies :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Thanks again.

SL out.

1 Like

You are hilarious! The sugar source that I’m using is Boogie brix, but you can use anything I just like this one because it has multiple sugar types in one product. Different microbes like different sugars so it kind of is a buffet for everyone.

1 Like

Keep e’m moist and dont over think it. You got some good plants there. I like to water by hand. I got my trash can to mix my water and a cute watering pale just like the old ladies use. But i got time. An hour a day. Great job SL.

1 Like

Progress report
Taken this morning…

That black mass is my cat, “Lil Kim.” We had to put BIGGIE down earlier this year. She like to hang out and talk sh*t in my garden.

Thanks again for the help everyone :facepunch: I pay it forward every chance I get.
*Oh I know it is crowded. As they get bigger I calculated slight lateral movements to take space into account.

SL out.

2 Likes

Update Due to recent fluctuations in the warmth and direct sun-I have upped frequency and duration with irrigation timer.
I was hoping to make the timed irrigation handle most of the moisture issues, instead of manual watering. Now with my supplements via H20,I was looking at once a week top watering. In the last week I have had to top water the ladies and that gave me pause.
But today I saw the ,“droops,” and had to change a lil.
So I am now going to run at 0600hrs, everyday. The increase was minimal-from 5 to 7 minutes.

Shhh. I listen to the plants better than I listened to my ex wife. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
Happy Growing!

SL out.

Say it aint so,Joe…
@krismwright @W.B.elpaso @DRsDank
ADDENDUM. After a Veg season of observation and objectivity, I came to some conclusions.
I had to switch up the end result. I went from emitters to sprayers. I had to take all things into consideration, and the sprayers seem to fit my operation better. I saw Jeremy with BAS use drip emitters and the way he easily move them to top dress started my stoner mind working overtime.
I trimmed a lot of the companion crop to make way for flowering top dress and nutes. I mean, they needed haircuts something bad. I did manage to leave some cover/companion crop on, but I really wanted the ability to top dress with confidence.

Thanks to all in attendance.
SL out.

Everything’s looking good!!:100::potted_plant::grin::pray::heart: those are the exact same emitters I have they have been working like a champ:-)

2 Likes

@krismwright Excellent news, thank you!! :facepunch: :clap:

SL out.

@Blackmoon “Please enter at your own free will and leave some of the happiness you possess…” (Dracula)

Flowering has started on most-typical for where I live. I have added Recipe 420 Ultra Blend(massaged into top) and Build a Flower again(on top of 420UB) at 3 week intervals.
Matanuska was the first to start flowering, Cheese is moving slow, Mango and Tiramasu are also bringing up the rear with the gear.

I keep the irrigation daily-6 minutes from the sprayers. Two per container.

SL out

6 Likes