Thripes or knats? Can anyone identify?0

Took best usb microscope pictures i could i have jacks dead bug, their neem oil, sticky traps and diamatrious earth. Have the de and stickies deployed. Scheduling has me stuck atm on the sprays. Hopefully friday. Not sure what im dealing with thouugh.

usbcamera20220420205302
usbcamera20220420205625
usbcamera20220420210209
usbcamera20220420210058

3 Likes

Are you checking under all your leaves? It could possibly be “wind” damage. The leaves scraping against each other will cause similar damage. Neem oil isn’t very much recommended closer to flower. It is absorbed by the plant and doesn’t wash away. But the CJDBJ is safe thru a stages.

2 Likes

Looks like thrips

2 Likes

Hope to be doing a better inspection tonight. This is on a mother plant so i should be ok if i use the neem. Will try and give them all some dead bug tonight. I thought maybe the fan was to close. But sure looks like some bugs. Will see if i can work scope better tonight.

2 Likes

That is what im thinking. But for sure no expert.

1 Like

Thrips typically leave white spots on the leaves. Check the undersides, and stems.

4 Likes

Ok will do schedule pushed back till tomorrow. Thanks for the tip

First, ditch that Neem oil before you burn your plants up. Take each plant out and spray them from top to bottom and both sides of the leaves with the capt jacks. If that doesn’t fix it, holler back.

2 Likes

I havent used either of the capt jacks neem oil or dead bug yet. First ive heard of neem being a problem. Other than not using it on budding plants. I used it back in the day for spider mites.Will hold off on that for now.
Now my evening freed back up again so i will be taking them out and spraying top to bottom. And spraying down inside tents with alcohol spray.
Will report back later tonight.

1 Like

That should fix it, but beware the eggs will hatch out so every few days repeat the process for about 9 days.

1 Like

Thrips are a major pain in the A**. I tossed a run of 6 Sour Diesels last year after a 3 week battle, was in the 2nd week of flower :weary:

Not saying you have thrips, but this is what to look for on leave damage

5 Likes

Thanks for posting that, busy day at work I didn’t have the chance.

2 Likes

Anytime Grow Bro, I actually took a break from work to do a little reading :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

Ive had thrips b4 too. They come in the ffof in my case, other people do not have issues but my case it was 100% from the ocean forest. I rotate between the cjdb and the capt jacks neem for a minimum of two weeks to get rid of them. Its good to just do that as a preventative, bc once they appear…there’s already more u do not see!. But as stated just dont use the neem during flower.

2 Likes

Thanks all,
@OGIncognito @Covertgrower
I dont see any spots like that thus far. What ever it is eating some of the leaves. I took some more pictures Thursday night and sprayed with cap dead bug. Still cant get scope zoomed in good enough.`Preformatted text
20220421_19_34_21
20220421_19_57_36
20220421_19_56_11
20220421_19_35_09

20220421_19_14_13

1 Like

:point_up_2: this to me resembles Spider Mites

1 Like

Your bottom pic did to me as well @OGIncognito .Spray the grow room with a fine mist @Dyme when lights are off and turn on a flashlight and holler back with what you see doubt that’s mites as they usually don’t eat holes in the leaves so thirps it may be. @OGIncognito bottom pic looks like spider mites and might be why he couldn’t kill his Thirps.

1 Like

@OGIncognito @2GreenThumbs
Thanks for the info i didnt have time tonight to scope anymore pics. I sprayed them all with cjdb with minimal light. Im really not around during actual lights out. The mom tent got a better treatment than the big tent. They need trimmed back and flipped hopefully in the next few days as they have exploded this past week. I did not see any more leaf damage thus far. Will spray again Wednesday.

1 Like

Good job, but keep checking them. What strain ya growing?