Three Autos Same Age, One is Stunted, Why?!

I’m growing one Zkittlez Auto, one Wedding Cake Auto, and one Gelato Auto. Unfortunately I don’t know which is which because I didn’t label them when germinating. They are currently 36 days old from taproot sprout. They are all showing pistils. The two healthy ones are sprouting their 9th set of true leaves. The stunted one is sprouting it’s 8th set of true leaves. Each of them is in a 3 gal aerated fabric pot with Miracle Grow and I added perlite. They have been in the same soil since seedling stage, I have not added any nutrients. I water about 2-3 days, waiting until top 2 inches of soil is dry. I fill my watering can and let it sit until the next watering so the chlorine can evaporate. I do not know pH. Why is this little gal so stunted and leaves browning while the other two are healthier?

• What strain: Zkittlez Auto or Gelato Auto or Wedding Cake Auto
  • Method: Miracle Grow soil with added perlite
  • Vessels: Aerated fabric pots
  • PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable): Don’t know
  • PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable: Don’t know
  • Indoor
  • Light system: LED: Viparspectra VA600, 600W; and Viparspectra VA1000, 1000W. 18hrs on/6hrs off.
  • Temps; Day, Night: Avg 70-72 deg
  • Humidity; Day, Night: Don’t know
  • Ventilation system: Regular bathroom exhaust fan, plug-in fan, AC
  • AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier: AC, no humidifier/dehumidifier used
  • Co2: No

This is most likely your problem. Miracle Grow and cannabis don’t always get along. Miracle Grow nukes your plant with nutes every time you water and it also submarines your pH every time you water.

I would transplant to a proper cannabis soil such as Fox Farms, Roots Organics, or similar.

Welcome to the forum.

4 Likes

I will definitely invest in proper soil for the next go-round.
I’m concerned about repotting her this late in the game. She does have healthy new growth so she could likely spring back up quickly after repotting.
Just wondering why she took a hit and the other two did not. I guess not every plant is the same! Each one has its own needs and wants!
Thank you!

Yeah all plants are a bit different. Some of them are tolerating it better than the middle one, for instance. You might be able to get away with it. I would monitor pH and PPM closely. You’ll have a fight on your hands.

I agree! Miracle gro is not good for what you’re growing! If you don’t have a PH pen, get one. And a TDS/PPM.

1 Like

I would go with what @MidwestGuy recommended and transplant into a new medium sooner than later. You shouldn’t worry too much about a transplant effecting them more than the miracle grow and you watering with unknown ph levels will. Your probably safer n better off with the transplant there autos so any little thing can throw them off but I bet they will love you and come back some what if you transplant now. You might lose some yield to shock but like I said I feel like with the rate your going either way your gonna lose some yield to stunting. Just my opinion! Welcome to forum btw!! A lot of great info around just ask questions and read!

1 Like

@MidwestGuy @TEGRITY @ConcreteBudz
Do y’all recommend I repot all three and not just “stunty”?

I would. That soil is gonna do more harm than good. But that’s my perspective.

2 Likes

I would, particularly since they are autos. Autos can be more sensitive to high nute levels.

4 Likes

Agreeed

3 Likes

Also, do you have any Cal-mag? Autos and LED lights will need. The yellowing on the edges make me think calcium def. @MidwestGuy , @ConcreteBudz , what you guys think?

Nute burn. He’s got bigger problems than cal/mag imho.

1 Like

Was thinking that too, but wanted your opinion.

1 Like

@MidwestGuy @TEGRITY @ConcreteBudz
I found a local place that has Fox Farm soil. Any particular bag I should get better suited for Autos? Ocean Forest, Happy Frog, etc?
Will go today and will update you in the near future.
Y’all are awesome. Thank you for the help.

2 Likes

I would recommend Happy Frog. It is less hot than Ocean Forest and your plants certainly need a break from nutes.

4 Likes

Yup, that’s my choice also. I like my happy frog.

2 Likes

@MidwestGuy @ConcreteBudz @TEGRITY
Wanted to give you an update. I started this post on Day 36. The very next day I put them in Happy Frog. Today is Day 64.
I’ve named them Tall, So So, and Stunty. Tall has always done well. So So took a turn for the worse after the original post but started recovering about 10 days after the Happy Frog. Stunty was the weakest of all three and is actually in second place now regarding health and looks.
So So and Stunty started losing leaves after the repotting. Clearly they went into shock. I only get rid of leaves if they are almost fully yellow or brown crisp; I feel that if there is still some green on the leaf then the plant can still draw out for food/energy (my logic). But holy crap!! They got really sad looking and I thought that was the end, but we held on.
All three are flowering nicely. So So and Stunty have lots of flowers on the main stem, you have to move the leaves to see them.
They are now on a 12/12 light cycle because they share space with a hemp sister.
Unfortunately for the autos, as stated on the original post, I don’t know which strains they are since I moved them around when they were seedlings; will have to do some research and compare leaves, flower/bud colors etc.
That’s all for now, here are pics. I’ll take any advice for this last homestretch!!

1 Like

Almost looks like it’s eating itself. What’s your numbers at runoff?

He’s in Miracle Grow.

Oh mercy!