Thoughts on vipar spectra maxi sun and king led

@Graysin sounds legit man I’m just having trouble with the autos only second run my yeild just isn’t there quality sure is just gotta figure out what I’m doing wrong

I needed some lights so I picked up a Bestva 600 and a King Plus 600. After they served their original purpose I put them to work in some unused space (AKA bathroom)

On the left is a little 32w FEIT I used for starting seeds. On the right leaning against the rear upright is a 48" Kind Flower Bar (I think 60w)
I used this combination of lights to grow this Jack Herer auto. Draw power adds up to 345w+_ over the 2x2 frame

Next time I used the space I scrapped the blurples and hung a 400w Sonofarm

mid harvest purple kush photo

3 Likes

@beardless nice man any advice man my yields jus aren’t there I don’t get it. Ya the king 1000 watt I have is decent.

So some of this is technique: you’ll figure out over time. Some of it though is light. Without adequate light of correct spectrum you will have loose airy flower with little weight to the colas. @beardless is running a high DLI (Daily Light Integral) and it shows in the flower.

Good lights are expensive up front but pay back in yield and cost of use.

Just under a pound of flower: indoor diy (outside for pictures) lights, Promix HP, GH nutes. Plant is 34 inches tall.

At peak the lights were around 220 watts: about 85% of full draw. I couldn’t do that with double the wattage of other lights. They’re that good.

4 Likes

@Myfriendis410 @beardless ya I’m new to autos maybe I was thinking not enough light I have 5 autos in a 2x4 in 3 gallon pots. I use pro mix too and used some roots organic dry amendments also put azos and mykos in soil. When dry amendments ran out in using the fox farm tiger bloom and big loom I think it’s called. Also use Mammoth P I’m thinking I need more light

@Myfriendis410 what kind of lights are u using

A lot of it may have to do with space. Remember the yield that most seed banks quote is for one square meter, or more like 11 square feet. I would have to use 2/3rds of my 4x4 to hit that kind of yield. Plus train the plant perfectly and otherwise give it professional growing conditions.

I average about 2-2.5 ounces per 1x1 space on an autoflower or photoperiod - doesn’t seem to matter. What does is whether the genetics support a larger yield (I.e. if it’s max is 400g for a square meter, I’d probably only get 1.25 ounces) and the amount of space you have to grow in.

What you can do is maximize what you have - give her the best possible conditions - given the amount of space you’ve got to work with.

1 Like

@Myfriendis410 do you think that’s to much plants in the tent I’m only averaging a oz per plant less than that last time was only 40 grams for 2 plants.

@Myfriendis410 i feel like I should be getting Atleast 2 to 3 oz of each plant

I built them a few years ago with help from here. They are Gen 1 Samsung EB strips with a Meanwell driver on heatsink material I had on hand.

Current model lights from Horticulture Lighting Group are superior to mine as they are newer gen Samsung diodes. (Rightbud has a sale ending tomorrow fyi).

Here’s a shot of mine:

1 Like

Viparspectra lights are good lights specially there newer lights there older lights arent to bad either

1 Like

Ya I have a 600 watt vipar with veg and bloom switch and a300 watt vipar but in tent I’m using 1000 watt maxisun pb pro and a king 1000 watt @Aussie_autos. Any info on growing to much would help man I’m growing autos

What size pots you growing in?

Autos can give good yeilds but 5gal pots or bigger and lots of LST to spread them out and keep them even is a must for good yeilds with autoflowers.
Plant straight in big pot or start in solo cup but transplant into big pot before you would a photo, don’t let it fill the cup with roots so as to stress it as little as possible…
I got over 2½lbs off 3 autos in 5gal grow bags.
3 of the same strain grew the same time in 3gal plastic pots got me about 4oz each so pot size I believe is huge and the bags over plastics helps alot as well for healthier root systems…

Autos can produce if you get it right and frustrated the crap out of you if you don’t.
I’ll be lucky if I get 8oz total from the 3 I got going now, I didn’t get it right this time :rofl:

1 Like

One of the most important things i can tell you is dont stress out keep relaxed ,you want to have ur humidity around 60-80% for seedlings and you want it around 60-70 % in veg stage and for flowering stage ur humidity u want around 50-60% ,now with temps for seedlings 25-27degrees Celcius same with veg stage and flower stage u want ur temp around 22-23 degrees Celsius have plenty of air flow in ur tent have a inline fan bringing fresh air and have one taking old air out aswell i would use fabric pots as its harder to over water ur plants and use a good soil straight of the bat stay away from miracle gro soil you want hp promix or fox farm happy frog mixed with fox farm ocean Forest you a half half mix also dont micro manage grow u will make mistakes we all have in some way if ur going organic grow try jacks 321 or Gaia Green products or you can go worm castings and bat guano volcanic rock dust and superworm frass and kelp meal and alfalfa meal fish bone meal sea bird guano or you can use down to earth products aswell as for bottled nutrients canna nutrients are good i dont know much about bottled nutrients and i would use five gallon fabric pots ,i do alot of lst training with my plants

1 Like

I have moved away from autos. They are just too temperamental. Many around here love them and do an exceptional job growing them.
As to improving yield, that is tough to answer. When I started growing I went with autos. I have a 3x3x7’ tent and would grow four and sometimes three plants (lose one for 1 reason or another). At the time I used a Kind XL600 producing 320w. The average yield was always around 3 ounces per plant. Early on a little less and a little better on later grows. The largest auto I grew was the Jack Herer pictured above at 5.7 ounces. It was grown as a solo plant in a 2x2 frame with a high quality light and lots of it.
In contrast I grew a single purple kush photo in the same space and ended up with 12+ ounces.

1 Like

@beardless fuxk ya man I’m not even averaging that. I think it has to do with the light the quality of buds is there I think lights and lst is what I need work on. Man I would be happy with 20z of each plant.

@beardless i don’t see any pics of plants can you post one ?

See post #22.
The first plant picture is the 5.7 oz Jack Herer
The pictures after the single light photo is of the purple kush that was over 12 oz.
I would like to have a 20 oz plant but it hasn’t happened yet.
Weight is subject to so many variables. The quality and weight of my plants is most improved because I stopped using soil. I have moved to coco with perlite. I have also changed to Jack’s 321 nutrients. I grew nice plants with Advances Nutrients in soil and in coco but Jack’s is much easier to use as well as easier on the pocket book. I will also use the autopot self watering system. It pairs up well with Jacks & coco. Coco and constant availability of food produces larger plants as long as the lights meets the demand.
It is difficult if not impossible to pick out one reason. They are all related. Also, success can mean different things. Some of the best flowers I have grown were barely 2 oz. However, they were beautiful and frosty. This one was not a scale tipper but I would take it any day of the week. Northern Lights - photo

3 Likes

Hey there @Floridadude, try this comparison vid: Budget/Premium LED Grow Light UPDATE! Atreum, ViparSpectra, Maxsisun, SpiderFarmer, MarsHydro Review - YouTube
Looks like the ATREUM Hydra1000 is a bit better than the other 2. I have the ATREUM and find it very good. They also make larger models.

1 Like