Thoughts on veg temps

Ok. So I know ideally temperatures during veg should be between 72-80. I normally ride 78. But I built a single room in anticipation of switching over to autos which does have a controlled temp.
But life’s been tough lately, especially finances. So being able to build another room, is do-able but cooling it via a.c. may not. I do not grow in my house, but I’m still indoors. I can’t pipe any cool air from the flower room because the a.c. would run too hard. But I can get fresh air to the new room, I can keep temps no higher than 91. Considering I live in Florida, I dont think that’s too bad.
I know that the plants will grow, but what would the negatives be to it? I have two clones that have been in the flower room for about three weeks that haven’t started to flower yet, and I don’t want them too. They are still way too small.
What about pulling the cool air from under the shed?

1 Like

Air from under the shed will be humid. Which is fine for veg, but not good for flower. Trust me you dint want bud rot.

2 Likes

@Rick3 @Redeyedranger @RubiBANANA666 @FloridaSon @SmoknGranny @PurpNGold74 @Budbrother @Hogmaster @blackthumbbetty

My flowering room has a.c… No bud rot there… Lol

I use a dedicated window unit on a controller for mine, it I’m inside my house. I agree with @Drinkslinger that would be hot humid air; especially FL air :laughing:

For veg you should be fine in flower Im at 40% -55% humidity just make sure you have air flowing at all times

Up where I am, excess heat is never a problem. Wish I could help with first-hand knowledge.

Would the ac really have to run that much more if you ran an exhaust line from your flower room to your grow room? Basically, just taking the cool air from one room & moving it another? Maybe using a low cfm fan so you’re not robbing your flower room of cool air. I mean, you have to exhaust the air in your flower room anyway, right?

1 Like

It wouldn’t stunt the growth?

I use negative pressure to exhaust. I tried a 35 cfm fart fan and it was too much. The heat is my biggest problem and always has been. If I actually vent out, I’m in the 90s. I’ve got my flower room under control. Sometimes it gets a little much, but nothing extreme. I figured the humidity wouldnt be bad for vegging.

Then, vent it using your negative pressure into your veg room.

1 Like

What Up Bud? I Tagged you in my first Grow
I Have 2 WW clones and 1 California Kush on the pool deck.
I Have a Tent But wife will not let me bring it in the house, cuz of Grandkids, So it is outside in a screen room, No A/C out there, I Open the tent every morning and Blow a Fan on the plant and then Blow Hot air out
My plants are small, But I’m Learning, Plus I think now a days you have to add Nute’s for bigger grow’s
@Budbrother tell’s me I can grow an Auto outside during “Winter Here”

3 Likes

Huh, never got the notification about your grow brother. Ill take a look. Do you think that the small height has something to do with the heat? How hot does it get?

I guess a little re-routing of some duct work, I could make that happen.

2 Likes

I’ll drop 20 auto seeds in a month for my first round. Then usually 10-20 more in late November

2 Likes

I just saw your journal. They look like they will be good smoke though. Even if its a little light. My next round I will be going for about 4 or five plants and I’d like to do a perpetual grow. I’ve learned that the more I have the more I smoke. My last harvest off a plant that I had to flower early was 63.3 dry grams, and I smoked it just over four weeks.

3 Likes

This is the time of year that I drop autos outside. They are too small to be seen by the choppers that search my area Sept into Oct. and then after that smooth sailing. You can drop auto seeds at 35 day intervals to get a monthly harvest. I drop less in November till I know what kinda winter we will have. Then I go from there.

4 Likes

I Had To Stop a Few years ago Cuz of Job, But i’m Glad I did,I’d go thru 1/4 oz every few day’s
Now A bowl or joint Screw’s me up, Probably ain’t the best But good for me, And I grew it, But Budget Grow’s Suck!!!
I Got Kicked in the face with Rain and Crap In Fl,
Just another Lesson to me,
This Last OG Kush Auto Look’s to be my Best, And I owe it to @Budbrother He’s Like the Yoda of Pot Growing, Ain’t that Right @SmoknGranny

3 Likes

Yes I Hear it is, The Heat take’s some of the Smell out, Suck’s cuz I Like the Smell of Pot growing

1 Like

Yes, some of the terpenes will be cooked off. And I’ve read that indoors extra heat can cause them to stretch. I have had my closet in the mid 80s…hotter than a set of twin babies…and they do fine. They just need water sooner.

3 Likes

So basically the heat will cause a small stretch. But other than that, all will be ok? A stretch I can handle. If anything else a stretched plant can be staked down and give more room per bud site. Allowing each cola better light penetration all the way around. (I’m an optimist) lol

1 Like