Thoughts on potential grow supplies

I haven’t bought anything yet. This is just what I’m considering. I’m leaning more towards the Spider Farm lights. Any suggestions?

Looks like a good start, check around where you live for the soil before you order it because of the weight they charge double online. I just got 4 bags because I found it on sale down the street for $14.99/ bag. Have you thought of food or if you’re going live organic.

1 Like

If your concerned about the smell you will need a inline fan and filter.

1 Like

Just saw the writing on the bottom, I’m a big fan of spider farmer I run two sf2000 just bought the 2nd one. Great customer service and built with same parts the higher name brands use.

1 Like

I forgot to mention the multiple fans and filter. As far as soil I’m also considering Roots Organics. I know there’s better lights but I am on a budget. After lurking a few days now I realize I need a pH meter also.

1 Like

Trust me I understand budget, that’s why it’s taken me over two years to get this far. I grew under 2 600w blurples that I paid $100 for both lol for a year. I got I believe 56 grams on my 1st run lol learned enough I was getting over a quarter pound out of them. Anyways back to you. I started with ff happy frog and I still use it only I went to living soil using it as a base. So recommend happy frog 4sure but I know other soils are very good just my preference and like I said you might find it around your town if you go to fox website they have a dealer search tool. Yes you will need a ph and reccomend a TDS as well. An inline fan is a definite a filter is optional if you’re not worried about smell. I recommend a 6 inch inline fan if you are going to be getting a bigger tent later 4 is good for the one you are showing though matter of fact tents are not that much different in price for a bigger one if you’re planning bigger later so you don’t have to buy two. Fox farm makes good food to and starting with the trio makes it pretty easy for a beginner later you can add other stuff but the trio will get you to a nice harvest. Umm can’t think of more at the minute but @ me like this @TASTEE if you have more questions I’ll do my best to help you out

1 Like

That light you posted says 2000w and the sf1000 has better ppfd numbers @ $40 cheaper

1 Like

Looks like @MeEasy has you covered :+1::v:

https://www.fleetfarm.com/detail/k-h-pet-products-thermo-chicken-heated-pad/0000000205834?bc=11798|11799|11824

What’s the Bluetooth speaker for? Plants will grow up angry and stressed if it grows up in a room with nickel back on repeat. Although I hear if you play Tom Petty the buds thicken up.

1 Like

I got the speaker covered. I have a feeling country is gonna be suggested. Petty is much more likely though.

I would suggest you get a bigger tent than the size you’re looking at now. I’m new to all of this as well and am currently on my first grow. I only say that because you’re going to love it and if space allows it, you’ll want to go bigger.

I went with the spider farmer packaged kit. I like it. It was simple to setup and has been a solid performer so far
2.5x2.5x5’ tent
Sf1000 (new model)
In-line fan and ducting
Filter
4-5 gallon soft pots
=$375

That all works good, and I have no complaints yet. I’m just as new as you are though so I don’t really know what I don’t know. You know?
I have added a few other things like a fan, heater had a humidifier that I’m using and I bought an inkbird controller to run it all.

All that being said. I have bought a HLG 260r for my next grow. I have my eyes on a 2x4 gorilla tent and a ac infinity t6 fan.

I use those fabric pots. I like them. Silly me I just thought you grew in solo cups and enjoyed bag weed. LOL.

I wouls say put your money in a light nowMars Hydro TS1000 is what I use. Does me good!!

1 Like

teach the bud where you want it to take you