Thoughts on Galaxyhydro 300 ? Best Led?

agree with you !! know what your saying about cfl grows , did them for some years ( used 500 watt self-ballast cfl’s with 100 watt side lighting and produced very good yields, terpene’s ,ect . (really un-believe-able results. IN one room 3by3 have 2 galaxyhydro 300’s ( being 1st grow with LED’s didn’t want to spend (had eye’s on the Kind K3-459) and being a side-lighting addict wanting to introduce cfl’s or led panels> in this space have 3 (DOG, Fruit Juicy, Blue Dream) also 2 autos (Girl Scout Cookie and Tangie) Just throw auto’s in to the mix and let them run with the other’s light cycle till done. Don’t want to run HID, ect any more also. Thanks for your thoughts !!!

2 Likes

My 2 cents
Save up and just get the best to start with. I wish I did. The money I spent on the lower could’ve gotten a really good one. I have 2 diamond ex-oil led, 2 mars reflector and 2 vipaspectra lights. The others I gave to my friend to try he’s new to led. As you can read I gave away my lower quality LEDs.

1 Like

who do you think makes the best LED’s ? I know everything is want it is . Mine wouldl be Kind also have a few folks whom will take to galaxy’s Out of what you have which do you like the best ??? Thanks (Black Dog, California Lighting, Diamond, G-8, ect !!!

I really like advanced LEDs. This ex-oil 200 is nice it is cob LEDs. I run the three companies to cover more of the spectrum.

1 Like

If you break down all of the lights on a ųmol per dollar level, I don’t remember any of them even being in the top 10.

That doesn’t mean they aren’t good lights, and some of them would probably get a little bonus for spectrum provided. But less face it, performance per dollar means just about everything. Personally, I gave a perfectly functioning kind light away. And their customer service seems to have gone down the tube.

1 Like

Thanks ! don’t know what the “F” to do or which brand to purchase heard that G8 leds’ are OK ??? thanks for all your answers. guess my quest now is find a very good performing LED ??? PEACE

1 Like

What do you want out of the light? Have you looked for lights outside of Amazon or ebay?

1 Like

Yes have been all over the net to "brand names Amason and e-bay are good for pricing, ect One needs to all ways contact the specific manufacture’r. Like G8b LED, California, Black Dog, Cob, ect - list goes on my price range is from $100.00 to $1,000 ( with $300.00 to 600.00 - being confortable with) ANy and all help/information will be appreciated !!Thanks. What I want is good Par value. and want to do a 3by3 room (one of many) “footprint” for G8 is3by2 but they suggest you spent another $169.00 to get their “Bloom” light even with the veg/flower led = $500.oo total

Timber has some really nice cob setups for a 3x3. If I was looking for ųmol per dollar spent, that’s where I’d start.

1 Like

In retrospect (being one with a flood of cheap ass LED’s), the only mistake I made was finding ILGM (and @dbrn32) AFTER I bought all my chit.

Blindly (or without trusted recommendations) spending 6-9 hundred online for a single unit to be shipped across the Country or further, was not something I was comfortable doing. I did quite a bit of research but could never have gleaned the amount of knowledge expressed in this thread alone. Hindsight is, I now have a savings fund for an upgrade of my lights but that is a ways off while I spend down the debt I already incurred setting up my grow space.

I too, with the knowledge I have from ILGM, would go right to Timber!!

1 Like

@steve2 @Screwauger I haven’t talked to any of those guys in a while. But I think the guy I spoke with was Dan, very knowledgeable and solid guy. If you or anyone is deciding to go that route, I would highly recommend reaching out to them.

One question I would have is the availability of some of the high cri models. I’m not 100% sure that the better spectrum is worth giving up the efficacy, but it’s sure looking that way.

1 Like

thanks !! a lot guy’s have learned all my knowledge thru you-all , Have heard of Timber also and that it was a very good LED - appreciate your knowledge ! I’m sorry is Dan “dbrn32”?

2 Likes

Not at all.

If I was I wouldn’t be tinkering with everything but their stuff. I build my own, some of which are very similar to a few of the models they sell.

I would recommend building first. If you can’t or won’t do that, a diy kit is next best thing. Also offered by timber, hlg, and a few others. If you’re not going to do either of those, timber is just the next cheapest option for a high quality light. It’s as simple as that. If you want other options, pacific light concepts, tasty led, horticulture lighting group, chilled led all have good products.

I have my preferences when it comes to certain things, but I wouldn’t necessarily push them on to you or anyone else. I think you’ll find that when comparing things like par vs $1 timber will probably be the best. You just won’t get fancy controllers, and commercial cases. If that stuff is important to you, it will just get more expensive.

If you find something equal to or better, for the same or less money, by all means let the rest of us know.

1 Like

contacted Timber about the 4cob set/kit for grow - confused you use any cob thru-out grow ? right when I buy the kit is the fixture is included ? because I see a red cob - so is that sumpplental flower light in conjunction with 4cob’s ?(if so simular to G8 LED’S)

Post a screenshot of what you’re talking about. If it’s the osram light, that’s not what you’ll want for a light from start to finish.

1 Like

I would recommend one of these two for your area. If they are 80 cri cobs, go with 3500k for veg and flower. If they are 90 cri then go with 3000k. And I would ask about the availability of 90 cri, that’s ideal if you can get it. Both should be complete fixtures, ready to plug in.

I do believe both are available as a kit for a little cheaper as well. Up to you which way to go.

1 Like