Thoughts on bottom watering or soaking for soil based plants

Has anyone ever submerged each pot about 1/2 or 3/4 the way up the pot in their water nutrient mix? waiting a min till wet and remove -instead of pouring on top? Ive been thinking of doing it this way and thinking it may limit the watering to once per week? ( well obviously checking the soil but expecting once a week ) I only have a plant or two- Ive done this for house plants it seems to work n nicely and prevents the channeling of water through the soil-
just looking for thoughts on this possibility… guess i can’t do that if i continue to scrog …anyway just a thought

I have done so in the past with fair results but usually when trying to promote downward root growth

2 Likes

Very affective and help root structure tremendously , I’m actually growing right now in a self wick water system that’s been very affective to prevent over watering and wet soil do to organic organism larvae in some soils like Fox Farm Ocean Forest , as good of soil it’s all kinds of little squirming things in there that likes to hatch in high humid wet atmosphere , but watering from the bottom is strongly recommended for vegging seedlings to rstablish the root structure .

2 Likes