Thoughts From the Morning Garden - Chapter 4 - A Dedication to @bob31

Good morning fellow farmers! Sunny and windy here in the great SE. pulling the last of (10) briskets I cooked overnight for a customer. I’ll let them rest and slice them all up in an hour or so. Going to chop down my BGA’s tonight. That will free up some space for the MW to finish up. Can’t wait to get a good pic of the results. I’ve got a couple of huge colas and they are so sticky and stinky! Hope you all have a great day!! Enjoy your weekend!!

Hang in there @daz49. You have a lot good people here sending you positive vibes!! Be strong Brother!

Thanks brother,briskets sounds tasty,must smell lush,how much do you charge for a cooked brisket? I bet you sold loads over the holiday period,thanks for your support brother I appreciate it,enjoy your harvest tonight

@daz49 I get $100 for a brisket. They start out 14-16 lbs. I usually end up with 8-10 lbs of cooked meat. I slice them up for my customers to make it easier for them to wrap and store or serve and eat. I sold probably 40 or 50 just for Christmas and New Year.

Hang in there @daz49 it to shall pass. It isn’t easy but you can do it.

Good morning gardeners!! Saturday wet and chilly and going above freezing not good for the ice fishing. I will have to head north for that this year.

@GetbackJoJo mmmmm love me some smoked brisket. That is one of my hobbies as well love to smoke meat.

That smoke ring and it being so juicy has my mouth watering! :drooling_face:

Ooo that looks delicious,mouth-wateringly lush and well worth every penny or cent lol I do love me some meat,what with the delicious smells from your food and your yummy smell of your green,it must smell like heaven there

Wow @GetbackJoJo think of the establishment Canna BBQ come on in, toke up and eat Brisket. That look marvelous!!

@daz49 hang in Buddy, I wish there was more I could offer but my heart goes out to ya Man.

Feel better brother @daz49, I’m sending prayers across the pond for you… hang tough!

Good morning :wave:

@daz49 feel better brother! Hang in there and keep pushing through.

@GetbackJoJo that looks amazing! I can taste it! :yum:

I surn wisfff I coulbreavvve…damn colb :frowning:

Lend Me a Pup

I will lend to you for awhile
a puppy, God said,
For you to love him while he lives
and to mourn for him when he is gone.
Maybe for twelve or fourteen years,
or maybe for two or three.
But will you, till I call him back
take care of him for me?

He’ll bring his charms to gladden you
and (should his stay be brief)
you’ll always have his memories
as solace for your grief .
I cannot promise that he will stay,
since all from earth return,
But there are lessons taught below
I want this pup to learn.

I’ve looked the whole world over
in search of teachers true
And from the folk that crowd life’s land
I have chosen you.
Now will you give him all your love
Nor think the labour vain
Nor hate me when I come to take my pup back again.
I fancied that I heard them say

“Dear Lord Thy Will Be Done,”
For all the joys this pup will bring,
the risk of grief you’ll run.
Will you shelter him with tenderness
Will you love him while you may
And for the happiness you’ll know forever grateful stay.
But should I call him back
much sooner than you’ve planned
Please brave the bitter grief that comes
and try to understand.

If, by your love, you’ve managed
my wishes to achieve,
In memory of him that you’ve loved,
cherish every moment with your faithful bundle,
and know he loved you too.

– Author Unknown

That’s fantastic @SmoknGranny, hope your well

I’m doing a bit better every day :blush: and hope to get back into the swing of things this year. Thanks for asking and caring :hugs:

Hi @SmoknGranny Nice to see you!

God is dog spelled backwards, as it should be.

drool
Now that I’ve drooled all over my phone…

Here’s another trip down my memory lane. The year was Jan.1975 in my friends apartment and we had just picked up some primo 70’s weed. We probably spent $100 for the bag. I can’t even remember if it was any good, probably not lol So for all you youngsters out there, this is what weed and a bachelor pad looked like back then. I couldn’t tell you how many beers were drunk there. I’m hoping I come across a closeup of the bag. Plus this was 35mm roll film so I had to bring it somewhere to have someone develop them. Back in those days it was a good job to work in a large photo developing place just to look at what everyone brings in. I’ll bet a few secret copies were made.

nice bark @GetbackJoJo i bet the briskit was delisious!

Good Sunday Morning.
Go Chargers? Go Bears?

Morning @BIGE and @Willd