Thoughts from the evening garden

Sorry to hear about your stuff, @GetbackJoJo…I always like land mines or bouncing betty’s, guess that may incur some liability though…?i hate thieves

3 Likes

That is so bad the basta#ds, I’m lucky here i have 5 dogs looking after mine if I have to go out, so sorry for you brother

1 Like

We’ll stuff can be replaced. I’m well stocked on beans. Just disappointed because Queen Kush was the first photo I had tried to grow and she was perfect in every way. Now I don’t think I have time to start another photo and it get done.

It’s the beginning of July. We’ll have hot changing over to cool weather up through October. I do have my greenhouse I could start using around September. I’m just not sure about when the time changes and the daylight hours really change, will it give me time before a photo starts thinking growing season is coming to an end and it wants to finish before it’s ready?? @MattyBear @Countryboyjvd1971 @highcountrygal @Screwauger and anyone that grows primarily outdoors??

Guess I could do autos and I know I’d be fine. I really wanted to do the photo all the way through. Think it would make me feel more like a “real” farmer. Make sense??

3 Likes

Sorry to hear that. I don’t think you’re gonna have time for another photoperiod strain. Do you have any autos?

I have WWA’s, BBA’s, and one other I can’t think of right now because I’m a mellow fellow this afternoon.

1 Like

Sorry. Growing can be brutal sometimes. I’d do a few autos outside and finish them in the greenhouse

2 Likes

@GetbackJoJo I’m so sorry about the theft :rage: TRUST me, IT was someone you know or someone was told by someone you know that took your plant. I’m saying this from experience after I was robbed of a key years ago. We told NO ONE about it. But we found the culprit when HE approached US the following week saying he had “heard” about the theft. And he received street justice shortly thereafter :+1:

8 Likes

My outdoor cutoff window is August at the very latest but I suppose it depends on where you are geographically. The autos I’ve grown from emerging to harvest 75-87 days to harvest. Though I have a current blueberry auto at early flower going on day 88 and I expect it to harvest around day 130ish. So there’s that.

2 Likes

That’s what I’m talking about granny. :+1:

2 Likes

@anon35207245 If you’re bored tomorrow and don’t feel like watching “Wendyball”, especially after Belgium’s stunning victory today:

1 Like

Sorry to hear of this @GetbackJoJo grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
@SmoknGranny atta girl

9 yrs ago this august, I was ripped off of two plants in my apartment. I knew who did it or who was responsible.
I had never been robbed before so I was pissed and a bit spooked. Lived out in the boonies, was renting from a friend of a friend and it was his teenage sons that knew I was out of town for the weekend.

They all denied it, swore up and down it was none of them or their crew and I got pretty cocky about my suspicions. Father’s don’t like you to call thier sons liars!! Anywho, after the dust settled, I slept with a pump shotgun next to me. Slightest bump in the day or night I would loudly rack one into the chamber and shout come on up.

So we were at war for a few days to a couple weeks, I found a place to stay and before I put the last box inthe car, I strolled out in the woods behind the families house, found the five 5 gallon pails I had been watching all summer, snip, snip snip snip and snip. I dried that sh*t in a dive motel room and had much more than they reaped from me (but they also took a rare knife collection, a coin collection and ransacked all of my stuff).

I’m quiet, mild mannered and polite; until I am not. I can also be a sneaky sob.

6 Likes

Yep :+1:I’m the female version of you. I’m also patient and had/have no problem waiting for justice, legal or street wise. But street justice is faster and more fun :sunglasses:

2 Likes

No issues with anything to do today, it’s not only the return to Paul Ricard but also the Putse Grensfest.

For those not in the know, its well over a mile of street market in a local town which straddles the Belgian/Dutch border, full of all sorts if crap, a nice walk where you can have a drink or 7.

But rest may be the order of the day, pain levels still high, think I definitely did something lifting those freezers the other day, but it relatively early so might be better in an hour or two. We’ll see but I don’t think much will happen at all.

Otherwise things OK, cats playing so things flying around everywhere. That means the nagging for fresh food will be along in two minutes, they are that predictable.

1 Like

Well, pain levels too high so we stayed at home.

But I think pain levels may suddenly drop in the next few weeks…

5 Likes

Well come this tuesdsy Oklahomans will have the choice to take on medical marijuana. Me and my lady are going to vote and then sit back and wait. Who knows if it passes I may be building a greenhouse in the back yard :v::+1:

4 Likes

Good Morning Garden,

I’ve missed you all with my several days away. I am happy to say that my daughter is married and off on her honeymoon. What a stressful week. Horrible drama on the grooms side of the family. I have no idea what is wrong with people but sometimes they just suck. Mother Nature was cranky the day of the wedding but thankfully it stopped raining and we didn’t need to scramble to move everything for the ceremony inside.

Sadly my Gold Leaf had some white mold when I checked it before the wedding and I had to scramble. It was not ready for harvest and I had to chop off several good size colas. It’s my own fault. I knew I was having humidity issues and didn’t have time to deal with it. I didn’t lose the whole plant but it still sucks. Not as sucky as your news @GetbackJoJo. So sorry about the theft.

Thankfully I am off all week so now it’s setting the house back to normal and chilling for a few days. Have a good Monday all.

5 Likes

Good evening gardeners, it has been hot, hot,hot here and I had to drive into town for another dentist appointment, a few filling and like what felt like loads of grinding which she called cleaning and I’m in more pain now than before and the anesthesia is only just wearing off 8 hours later lol I really don’t like dentists and it was over 27 degrees today to, which didn’t help my breathing much, I hope you all had a great day with great weather

1 Like

Takes me back to my college days!! I learned this trick in the dorm :nerd_face:

Evening all

Been a fine weather day, waiting for evening meal which, tonight, is a vegetarian meal of home made fries in the air fryer, salad and a nice lump of rump steak with proper beer.

And before anyone tries it on, cows eat grass, cows get turned into steak. That means steak is merely recycled grass and is therefore vegetarian.

So ner.

2 Likes

I totally understand that thought process @anon35207245. I have always said the chocolate is made from cocoa beans and beans are a vegetable therefore chocolate is a vegetable.

2 Likes