Thoughts from the evening garden

Well, Mother Nature just changed my mind. Several lightning strikes in a few minutes, and now there are several forest fires billowing around our area.

I don’t want my plants to go up in smoke, unless that smoke is going into my lungs.

2 Likes

Omg I hope you’re alright buddy, sod ya plant’s make sure your ok my friend, where abouts are you

1 Like

The Forestry Service has been aerially monitoring it.

This morning, though, woke up to a grizzly bear on the porch.

4 Likes

I’m in the Forty Mile region of Alaska.

1 Like

I do and don’t. If you do want to top you should go all in and FIM and do it early in veg stage. Topping seemed to stunt mine as they recovered. I shoot for 5-6 node and cut.
This current grow I left my autos alone and tried to FIM my Fem’s. Only thing I do is go around daily plucking ugly leaves.

1 Like

Thanks everyone for all your help about whether I can top my amnesia haze auto, I topped her this evening

Yikes!! Good luck @daz49

1 Like

Lol don’t you top yours? @Screwauger bro or you just yankin my chain

@daz49 look up a few post lol

I am hands off with auto’s, no topping, no fimming, no transplanting hahahaha
I admit some do top them, some even clone them.
My research is anything that slows down the short veg period effects your yields.
It won’t hurt them but the three days or so it needs to recover is light years in the life of an autoflower.

5 Likes

Thanks brother well oops then as I have done it already, not to worry what will be will be lol

1 Like

I see I didn’t tag ya so, my bad there! I can’t say I’ve witnessed it effect yields only reading online.

Use a search engine and look for the thread named
“Accurate Information About Autoflowering Plants”
There is also the Autoflower Network (AFN) which has oodles and oodles of info about growing auto’s.
I’m a yield kinda grower, I want max potential measured by ounces in the jars. Others grow for diff. reasons and are not looking to maximize yields. It is all in what you need/want. @daz49

4 Likes

I’m looking for maximum bang for my buck ,so nice and strong and decent yeild same as you and thanks brother

1 Like

Oh and @Screwauger I split the stems on my lemon kush sisters tonight to

1 Like

Living in Wales we don’t have any animals other than each other that can kill a human, we don’t get bears, cougars ,rattle snake’s or any seriously venomous snake’s, no earthquakes no hurricanes, pretty much nothing like that so my mind is blown that your so close to nature not only do you have forest fires but you have bears on the doorstep, I only hope your safe and if you can maybe get stoned

1 Like

Nice looking buds brother. I’m going out shark fishing tomorrow. Hopefully I’ll have some pics for you. But for now, here’s my gg4 after 7 days of drying and 8 (I believe) of curing

5 Likes

When it rains it pours. Spent the better part of the evening cleaning up my garage after someone broke in while I was at work and my wife was at the store. Stole some tools and worst of all, they stole my Tangerine Kush out of the tent. Didn’t take $1,000 worth of grow equipment. No, they had to take my beautiful Queen Kush. I was so pissed!! I still am. Then to take a break we went out for pizza and came back to an apparent “storm related issue.” FML!!

1 Like

I actually am home for the weekend. After a 5 hour drive & 5 days w/o smoke, this blunt that I’m rolling should hit the spot.

The fires seemed to have been contained by rain, so my outdoor grow might still happen. I’m being so wishy-washy about it, I know. :grinning:

1 Like

What?! Oh, man, what a heartbreak. Are you in a legal state? If so, report that to the police.

If not, time to start scrutinizing your friends, acquaintances, and neighbors. There’s a known weed-thief that lives a mile from my house. I’ve installed motion activated game cameras all around my property, very craftily camoflaged.

2 Likes

@blackthumbbetty Non-420 friendly.

I’d confront every person who knows you’re growing. Point blank: hey, somebody stole my plant. Wasn’t you, was it? Do you know who?

That’s just me, though. If they get offended, oh well. People are sneaky & you can’t truly trust anyone around drugs…that want/need makes people do stupid things.