Thoughts comments criticism?

Seeds are girls scout extrem , in a 6*4 tent With entry fan and carbon filter extraction fan,600w ballasted Mh, medium is hydro corn ( fired clay pebbles) with a 15 min per hr hour drip system, ec 1.3 ph 6.5 on 18-6 light for 4-5 weeks now.
This is my first indoor but pretty happy so far, firstly, I’ve topped once As I was originally thinking nebula but to sure now thoughts?,
Secondly ,leave the 2 big shade leaves or take them off To allow more light in??
And lastly How long do you normally veg for 6-8-10 weeks?? Comments etc appreciate :+1:image|666x500

4 Likes

I’m usually around 4-6 week mark depending on individual plant sizes. I’m working a little faster rotation, and may start flowering sooner, around 4-5 weeks.

2 Likes

Was thinking of giving them another week then flipping to 12/12 hps light ? But there’s still quiet a bit of room just don’t wanna go big and burn the lot lol

I think the variable is how much they will stretch when flipped to flower. Sativa dominance plays a role in that. Looks like you have plenty of room to go yet if you wanted to continue vegging.

1 Like

Yea from memory the Girl Scout was an India dominant strain …so should be alright Might leave them for a few more weeks yet , I’ve grown out door for 10+ yrs So never had to worry about height before lol

1 Like

@Oldguy @Arrow , little update on progress so far ,what are your thoughts?

Thanks for the tag…too late for a nebula in my opinion… I see you have a no training technique going on…stick with that…maybe soften the stem a bit and pull her apical down horizontally as far as you can…your plants are looking really healthy… if they were mine I would cling to those sun leaves at the bottom…but then again, you deside on your plants…keep them green…:sunglasses::v:

1 Like

I grew three Girlscout Cookie extremes my first grow, all three over 5’ tall

2 Likes

In your first and second pic you can see lower growth shaded by the big fan leaves. I’d lose those to allow more light onto more parts of your plant. They look really healthy and happy, good job.

You can top or FIM to control the height and increase yield but your slow growth and extend the Veg cycle. Or use a SCROG net. Lots of options if height is a concern

1 Like

, little progress shot, do U think another week veg or go flower?

2 Likes

@Arrow @HanJolo @AfgVet @Covertgrower what do U guys think and what would you do now ?? Im pretty happy with all except the dwarf (front left just won’t stretch or do anything but I genuinely think it’s just the strain)

1 Like

Up to you whether you veg or flower…they look very lush and healthy to me…if you planning to go to flower in a weeks time, maybe do some defoliation of the bottom 1/3 of the plant… :sunglasses::v:

1 Like

I’m still up in the air as to what to do, not sure if I should leave it for 3-4 more weeks or go flower in a week🤔 looking to get minimum 4oz of each but hoping for more like 6-8oz , also opinions on screen of green🤔 is it to late for this or what, so many choices lol overall im really happy with them and thanks for the opinions guys I know it’s up to my preference with it all but, I like to take everyone’s bits ands pieces of info and try and grow on what I already know so cheers!

1 Like

You could, one week wouldn’t make much of a difference in my opinion.

1 Like

Up to you on when to flip. Keep in mind, if untrained they could double (or more) in height. So depending on how tall your space is…

They look nice and healthy!!

1 Like