Thought it was easy

Purchased island chill autos in December. Not from ILGM. indoor grow with organic soil So far the 2 on the left only 2 ft tall. One on right is from a wayward seed found in some weed. Weekly water with right ph. seems they should be larger and already flowering. What am i doing wrong. First time grower and following grow Bible. Thanks for any suggestions

Rootbound ? Maybe

1 Like

We will need more info to help.

COPY/PASTE the below list into your forum post.

Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so; Or post
NA (non applicable)

• What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed
  • Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF
  • Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, Troths
  • PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)
  • PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable
  • Indoor or Outdoor
  • Light system
  • Temps; Day, Night
  • Humidity; Day, Night
  • Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
  • AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
  • Co2; Yes, No
1 Like

May need to look into upgrading lighting.

What kind?
I’m jumping ahead of the support ticket.

2 Likes

Strain is island chill pirchased from seed bank not ilgm.
Soil is miracle gro performance organics
Grown in 5 gal buckets with vent holes
Water ph 6.8
Ppm will need to recheck lastime at 700
Indoor grow with 1050 watts lights plus another 100
75 to 78 F temp with two fans and a/c
Humidity 68
Not sure how to measure C02
Thanks! Let me know anything else needed.

Miracle grow is not ideal medium as it has too much time release nutes for weed for one thing

3 Likes

Are u saying they are flowering or they should be by now

Based on what I’ve read about autos I feel they should be flowering by now. They were planted in December

Definitely should be. 5 month veg is long on a photo! They been in the same pots the whole time?

Started with solo cup then 6 inch pot before 2 gal pot and finally the 5 gal. I’m afraid to repot again but if i do i have burlap bags now. Thanks!

1 Like

This stuff is a poor choice for cannabis and likely your PH has dropped below 5.0 in soil layer.

I would not be surprised if you missed a X10 indicator on your display.

No way lights shown are producing 1,000 watts: what’s the actual draw from the wall, not what the marketing hype is.

1 Like

Soil pH is at 5.8 which I understand is a good level for cannabis. The four lights I have total 1050 …3 at 350 Watts and one at 100 W don’t know how to measure draw from the wall which is painted white. Working on getting a new ppm measurement tomorrow. Thanks!

Do you have a link to the lights? Draw from the wall is the actual wattage instead of the equivalent too watts.

5.8 in soil is lockout range. Dirt like 6.3-6.8

2 Likes

@Randy_Marsh they not big enough in a 5 gallon to be root bound. Could be the found seed is not an auto , so you will have to schedule a light time on a photo period growing time light schedule? Autos should start preflowering after about week 3-6 weeks depends on the genetics, strain , or breeder , and autos will grow in any light schedule as long as it get 6-8 hours it will grow but not to it’s full potential . Photo needs 13-18 hours of light and a schedule 12/12 to flower , not like an auto , they flower with or without a light schedule , they flower base on a growing time of weeks .

1 Like

There are a number of plug-in measuring instruments that will tell you like the ‘Kill-a-Watt’ or look up your light and read the actual draw there. Those lights are not putting out what you think they are.

1 Like

I agree about the Miracle Grow–garbage, also ur PH maybe a little high. As for CO2, the sensors are pretty pricey, so I just guess. It looks like these are the basic parameters, make little changes, they’ll survive.

Seems everyone agrees soil may be the problem. Do i flush? What soil is best that can be purchased. Thanks

Black gold, fox farms, 420. Anything that says Humboldt on it or 420 really

1 Like

All three of those are awesome.

Black Gold is usually the cheapest and easiest to find locally.

Fox Farms comes in multiple prices but has a few diff soils for diff stages. My preferred choice.

420 ive never tried but the proofs in the name

1 Like