This will hopefully be my first successful grow

Hey @MrPeat, I looked at one of your threads earlier today. I’ll take a look at this one too. Thanks.

1 Like

Had to put a bucket of water with a rag in it like a wick a couple months ago when I had trouble with humidity. It raised it by 20 percent.

5 Likes

Mist the inside of the dome two or three times a day you might close back a little bit on the vent hole. Also mist the top of the soil a little bit.

1 Like

Hey @SKORPION, thanks a lot. It worked great. The humidity level jumped to 85%

3 Likes

Just change the water every few days.

1 Like

Hey @kellydans, would you recommend I mist the top of the plants several times a day instead of watering during this stage? I don’t want to over water. I’ve lost a lot of seedlings to over watering. Thanks

1 Like

Welcome to ILGM, @NewYep! :wave: A 32" x 32" tent is going to be very full with that many plants if they all do well. Maybe I missed something, that happens often! :joy: You might need more space, or focus on one or two of them and train them to fit in that space. Since that many seeds were started, another option would be a sea of green grow, but that’s typically done with clones so they’re all the same growth traits. If you end up with all of them growing, you could also run them 12/12 from sprout, and they will stay smaller that way. Keeping them in smaller containers will also help keep them smaller, but they will need watered more frequently that way, too.

1 Like

Hey @elheffe702 My 2 other grows died as seedlings. I’m just being careful by planting extras.

2 Likes

Hey @SKORPION, will do. Thanks a lot. it’s really useful information.

2 Likes

Seedlings don’t need a lot of water moist but not wet. I usually just mist the inside of the Dome an Soil a little bit. Also seedlings don’t grow real fast they develop a root system before you see a lot of foliage. I’ve learned seedlings will test your patience.

3 Likes

Sorry all back at home. Almost died…almost took out a boat and house. The thing was so powerful it blew over. Needs a serious warning.

1 Like

That sounds like a story that needs to be told Mr Peat.

1 Like

@beardless Oh it is one for the ages for sure. I will tell the story later today. Freaking exhausted.

1 Like

Sounds familiar to my first experience. Dropped 5 auto seeds, waited a couple of days, nothing. Dropped another 5 autos. Before I knew it, 4 from the first batch sprouted and all of next 5 sprouted. Nine seedlings in a 3x3. Kept 4 in the tent and grew the other 5 under 2 under powered LEDs. It was a cluster. Now I have 2 LEDs for vegging and starting vegetable / flower seeds.
Are you going to use both lights during flower? Power wise, the 2 lights will put you where you need to be to produce decent buds. You want at least 35 actual watts of high quality light per square foot to flower cannabis. The SF 1000 alone will grow lettuce but cannabis is a short duration high intensity light plant.

1 Like

Hey @beardless , thanks for the advice. If I could fit it in I’ll put both LEDs at flowering,

I’m kind of worried about my seeds not sprouting too. Before putting the seed in soil 15 – 20 hours ago, I watered 10 ml the soil. Then in the past 15 – 20 hours ago I misted three times, and added 5 ml of.water. I never had a problem with germinating seeds, but this time I’m using significantly less water.

Hey @MrPeat, I’m glad you’re safe.

1 Like

The 3 Bubba Kush seeds cracked. I planted them in Dixie cups with 10 ml water

FYI, all 9 seeds showed taproot after the paper towel method.

3 Likes

Hey @kellydans , I’ll just mist the dome and soil while they’re seedlings. I added like 15 – 20 ml of water to them and misting because I was worried it wouldn’t germinate. But from now on I’ll just mist them even during germination.

1 Like

You’re doing great ! About 10 to 14 days in I usually get rid of the Dome. and transplant out of seedling cup, that’s just me I’m sure some use longer than others.

2 Likes