This will hopefully be my first successful grow

Sounds like a plan to me. Id flip soon because they double in size once you flip. So if she’s at 2 ft now they might reach 4 ft so be careful with that so you can have space for the lights

1 Like

@NewYep I agree with ash you are gonna want to make sure you have to space for them to almost double

1 Like

I see pistils after 3 nights of 12/12

3 Likes

Anyone know when bud formation starts. It’s been 7 nights of 12/12. The tallest plant is 4.2 feet from the floor. I just got the hlg 300 r spec. I’m ordering a net from gorilla to eventually bend some stalks.

5 Likes

Depends on the plant. Some will show sex and be pre-flowering before you even flip. But usually it starts happening pretty quickly once you see pistils forming, within a couple weeks or so. If not, double check that you don’t have any light leaks or indicators on equipment they can “see” letting them get more hours of “daylight” when they shouldn’t. :v: :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Thanks a lot man. No, I don’t think there are any indicators or light leaks. I did just do a double check because of the new hlg 300, and it was fine. I used Flextape and gorilla tape to glue the ventholes shot, and the ducting going round and round. I’m happy that my plants are still doing good, and will be forming buds soon enough.

4 Likes

@NewYep if you had the choice would you flip a few days/ weeks earlier to handle size or are you pretty happy with the size? And you’ll see mini buds start here soon if you’re 7 days in already

1 Like

I’d flip earlier, but hopefully the second screen helps.

1 Like

@NewYep are you in a 4x4? I’m in a 4x4 and I’m at 6 weeks tomorrow. I’m thinking these things are going to be HUGE if I wait the 8 I wanted to.

1 Like

I think you’ll be fine. I’m in a 3 x 3. I vegged for 11 weeks.

1 Like

@NewYep hot damn man lmao

1 Like

There is a huge peppery weed odor coming from my grow. It’s stinking the outside of my apartment. What should I do? I’m ordering a carbon filter from ac infinity for my t6 exhaust fan. What should I do about the intake. All the intake is is a 4 inch ducting. I have a crappy fan for the ducting. What should i do for the smell? Thanks!

You could probably continue to vent to the outside, but really there’s nothing you can do about it until the carbon filter gets there.

After you filter gets there, I would recirculate inside air.

1 Like

Your suggestion, for the smell, is to turn off the fans and wait a few days for the carbon filter to arrive? Thanks, sounds like a good idea.

If you turn off the fan, you will smell it for sure in your apt.

1 Like

Ok thanks! In the mean time, I found a 4 inch carbon filter and attached it to the 6 inch ducting exhaust the best i could.

Sounds like a plan. Hope they don’t find you.

2 Likes

Here they are at 2 weeks since 12/12. The kosher sorbet is on the left. The bubba kush is on the right

6 Likes

@NewYep is the carbon filter doing it’s job?

It’s working really well, and I have a dehumidifier helping, but I’m getting the 6 inch for my t6

1 Like