This is the third one

I’ve seen where you’ve posted about working fireworks stand. At first I was wondering, fireworks I then realized a lot of fireworks get set off for New Year’s.

Yeah New Years is crazy here. We love our fireworks. Back at the stand. I had to take care of the animals since my Sister is at a friends house. She got a little drunk but she has basically worked 7 days a week since June.

1 Like

This is my full time job :wink:

I agree with @Bulldognuts

Careful with the juice and water!!! Any liquid can magnify off lights and cause a burn, nutrients can also cause nutrient burns on leaves if randomly splashed.

For my seedlings and babies I keep a roll of toilet paper nearby. If you notice anything dab them off gently

2 Likes

@Keystone my suspicion is larval moth damage. Does that sound possible? If so, we can talk prevention. It doesn’t look like a deficiency, to my eye.

Can you post a few pictures of the underside of the damaged areas?

@)keystonecops,

That on line name brings back the good old days.
< PERFECT > LOL
Any way Welcome to our world of growing here at ILGM and to our awesome community.

Not sure about the spillage on the plants.
Looks more like nutrient burn to me I notice the very tips of theses plants. Cut back on any feeding and water only as your friend suggested for you to do. And you’ll know in a week week 1/2

3 Likes

I think this is part of your problem. In ffof you want your ph to be between 6.3 to 6.8 with 6.5 being you sweet spot. When using that soil you do not have to start feeding your plants any nutrients until they’re at least 4 to 6 weeks old. also watch water droplets on the leaves that the light is magnifying when it’s on.

7 Likes

@garrigan62 if you notice the other leaves show no signs of burnt tips, why I feel it’s spillage more than the uptake of nutrients causing the burn.

Nute burn thru uptake will show signs on all the leaves rather then two or three leaves

4 Likes

I think the others have some great feedback here. I would like to add that it appears to be some compaction issues in the pot.

3 Likes

Im a fox farm grower thats all that i use and have been growing for 5 or 6 years now one thing i have to ask is are u using the fox farm feeding schedule if so u need to use half of what it says to use and also check the tds befor u add it or your nutrients will be to strong and will kill your plants for the first for the first to weeks i keep my tds at about 750 and after thats i dont let the tds go over a 1000 or fox farm will burn your plants check the run off and see how hi it is u may want to flush and start your feeding over

1 Like

I’m fairly certain it isn’t moths. It’s an indoor grow, inside a sealed tent.

2 Likes

In certain respects, pests are more of a problem indoors; their natural predators are less prevalent, and their foods are often more abundant. I would not dismiss a pest-based cause because you’re indoors.

It could certainly be one of the other causes listed here, but recently another grower presented a similar issue. I asked if it could be thrips, but consensus went in the deficiency direction. 3 lost-weeks later, the grower reported it was fungus gnats.

I’d like to see the underside of the leaves. Even if this is related to excess or deficiency, I urge you to take simple and affordable preventative steps against common pests. Sticky cards are a start. There are various foliar applications available (I’m reluctant to recommend a specific one because we’re constantly learning about harmful side-effects from products the community has deemed “safe”) but copper-sulfate, neem oil, enzymatic solutions, and others are all SOP for many people on this forum. Layering 1-2” of sand or perlite on top of your soil seems to be effective against fungus gnats.

I’m not an expert in this stuff, but what I know is that a little prevention is usually better than any amount of cure.

1 Like

@Keystone in the excess/deficiency vein, to me it looks like you’re in a bagged soil, but also adding Fox Farm nutrients with waterings. Depending on the medium, you won’t need to add anything but water until the plant is a bit bigger. Normally, you might be supplementing or repotting at 30 days, but a stunted plant is going to have a different schedule. Am I on target here?

Care to share what light you’re using and how far from the leaves it hangs?

When you say pH is 6.0, how are you measuring that?

1 Like

I’m pretty sure this sums it up.

5 Likes

Lots of input here but @Keystone I think if you read what everyone else wrote and then provide us with a tiny bit more info we can narrow it down.

You gave us temp, humidity, oh going in and a bit of your medium info / feeding info.
My first question is what is your medium, what type of fox farms in what mixture? Is it all ocean forest or a split with happy frog or some Wierd coco mixture. That being said I totally agree with @dbrn32 that your soil looks pretty compact be sure to add extra perlite into the mix about 20-30%.

If your in fox farms the soil is rich there is really no need to feed them, if your feeding them how are you basing what your feeding them? If your just using the feed chart they supply + using a rich soil your just going to burn/stunt them even at 1/2 strength. The feed charts more for soil less mediums or until your run off reads below those numbers. Also make sure your using the right feed chart if using fox farms nutes. (this chart has been modified and corrected)

Fox farms ocean forest its self is to rich to plant successfully in on a regular basis that’s why recommend using the it in the bottom 2/3 of a plant and creating a plug with happy frog or maybe a center plug with seedingly soil etc.

Secondly I would also agree with the possibility of leafs touching the soil, being split on and causing light magnification burn or a feed nute burn. That being said if the first concern was taken care of this would be avoided not only for this plant but for the rest of your plants.

Majorty of the plant like others have said looks healthy, cut the damages leafs off leaving only the good leaf. If it’s a photo you can just increase the veg time and it will come around but I would definitely stop feeding nutes.

3 Likes

Two things, ph could be a little higher for soil (6.5ish) and it’s way too early to be feeding tiger bloom, that’s for flowering.