This is the smallest pot plant I have ever seen

@Hellraiser, I’ll go with that! Lol oh, temp in tent looks like it will be at 81. I had the hardest time using twisser to get the pointy side down, sir you have this down to a science.

@Larry, The beginner pack, 1 each of WW, AK, Bubble gum.

2 Likes

Lol dude!!! That is crazy lol

1 Like

That’s a funny story. In about that same year, there was a kid in our neighborhood that used to get lousy weed from his older brother. It was sticks and seeds, mostly. He used to pick out the seeds and throw them out his bedroom window. We all believed that they would just magically grow out there, and we would all have all the pot we wanted. No. Just, no.

2 Likes

Five days in the soil and I have a seed on a stem! Watch this! Seedsicle and supercropping cats.

2 Likes

Well that’s a start, hopefully your others will start coming up as well.

1 Like

Pick up a cup and see if it still has some weight to it, which means it’s still got some water weight in there. Don’t want them to get too dry at this point.

2 Likes

Ok. Right now, the cups are a little heavier than a never watered cup of happy frog. Just a little heavier. Maybe 10-20 % heavier.

2 Likes

Sounds good, still got some moisture in there then.

2 Likes

@Larry funny video! Glad to see you off to proper start. I peaked at mine, 2 of 3 are poking out. Sunday is my day 5. Keep us posted!

2 Likes

Oh, look at you with 2 of 3 poking out already.

1 Like

:slight_smile: I better go knock on wood!

1 Like

Added about two ounces of water to each pot today. The cups were light and I can see the soil when I take the clear cup out of the plastic cup. The soil looked dry all the way to the bottom. Still just one plant up, and it still has a firmly attached seed sticking up in the air. If this doesn’t work, I might try Root Riot cubes, next time. IDK.

Here is a thing. My one plant that sprouted was born with a firmly attached seed helmet. I pried off the helmet today, because why not, and this is the result of de-helmeting +3 hours.

@Larry, something is wrong, i want to say, you may have got a bad bag, of happy frog. If such a things exist, I’ll leave it to the experts. My WW didn’t grow, by my others seeds are starting strong. Again, following @Hellraiser method

1 Like

Maybe, Zee. Maybe. But I’ve tried four different potting mixes, and they have all had the same disastrous results. I am the problem. I don’t know what it is about my method or environ, but it is not working for me. @Hellraiser could grow circles around my plants, so I would stick with his method! I’ll update my one seedling in a couple of days or so.

1 Like

@Larry I read through your post and may have missed it, are you balancing your PH? If you’re, my next step would be possible light issues, either way, you got people to help. You will do well! I know it!

1 Like

Yes, I have been doing that. I have been using distilled water that I pH adjust to 6.0 to 6.3 or so. Anyway, how are your plants, @Zee?

Sorry to hear @Larry that you’re not having better luck, not an obvious problem that you are having. low germ rates and it seems you’ve tried many methods. Have you tried the paper towel method and wait til theirs a root and then plant the rooted seed? I do that method when I’m testing questionable seeds and only plant the ones with roots and they always grow for me.

1 Like

Yes, thank you, @Hellraiser! I have grown tap roots about a half inch long using that method. Then, I have stuck them in the soil and… they’re dead. Have you had any luck with Grower’s Choice seeds?

Never used them.