This is a good question ? Hope it helps us all!

How do I flush my plant? I flush my indoor house plants when I take them out every spring…so me being new to the growing of this beautiful plant and all that goes with it. I need to get that figured out. I don’t want to over do it or stress it out, I just put my first nutes in last night of the FF grow big. Before I got them yesterday, my advice was to go ahead and start my flip, so I have been doing that for about 5 days now. I need to know once I flush if I need to wait a few days to dry it out to really start nutes and which one do I use or do I use the GB and BB both right now. Should I back off a bit on the 12/12 flip? ConfusING :upside_down_face: Anyway while I have someone’s attention. Will the flush help with some pH problems photos attached! Oh and the best way to get run off sample? Thank you!
15259316837972112588543|281x500

you know I just noticed that might be some issues I started having when the little stem snapped a bit
I think I spotted what might be flowering. Please someone let me know. Ty!
1525932439356-1870818622|281x500

When you flip your lights to 12/12 that is to make them go into flower most people wait 4 weeks before they do so I go by the manufacturer directions but I like to run mine the first 4weeks with the lights at 18/6 hope this helps @Jamie1234

2 Likes

Best way to flush is to use 3x the water as the size of the pot. 1gal pot you should use 3 gallons of R/O water ph’d ar 6.5 with a light nute solution mixed. Like 1/4 dosage of a well rounded nute. Water your plant slowly and when you first start to see water come out the bottom. Collect it in a cup and test it, that’s the most accurate way to get a runoff sample, I test mine at the end of the flush as well to get a reading of the end.
Also what do you mean back off the 12/12? Your plants wont flower unless that have a minimum 12 hours of darkness. Flipping them causes 0 stress to the plant.

1 Like

Also just follow the FF feeding chart. Start at 1/4 to 1/2 strength and work your way up. If at any time you notice your tips yellowing back off slightly on the nutes.

1 Like

@Aolelon thank you again

1 Like

@Hogmaster when it’s 18/6, is that 18 lights off ?

18 hours of lights on, 6 hours lights off.

2 Likes

Thank you @raustin

2 Likes

If you are using Reverse Osmosis or distilled water, add some CalMag supplement to each batch before you adjust to pH 6.5. If you are using tap or well water, you probably already have enough.

1 Like

@1BigFella I’ve been getting a little lower run off around 5.5, I upped the ph a bit last night. Hoping that will help thank you

1 Like

Thanks @raustin yes 18on 6 off

1 Like

@1BigFella so is this calmag pretty easy to get?

Any hydroponics shop or Amazon. Maybe even some garden stores. Very common stuff. calmag stands for Calcium & Magnesium. Home Depot sells Earth Juice and Black Magic. You may not need it if you are using tap water. This the normal hardness in most tap water.

1 Like

@1BigFella Should I be checking run off for ph balance even with no adjustment by using tap water. It is the 6.5 range each check on tap water, but I’ve heard you want it to be acidic higher or ph for flowering Not sure, I’m on a 12/12

6.5 is fine for the whole grow. Some people change their ph to 6.7-6.8 for the flowering process as Phosphorus and Potassium uptake is highest in that ph. I usually check runoff once a week to make sure everything is well @Jamie1234

1 Like

I never have to check run-off pH because I am using coco coir and water-to-waste every day. When you do this, the only nutrients that are in the medium are the ones you just put in. I do adjust to pH 5.8 before I totally over-saturate the coco. This is very different from soil. It’s actually a solid form of hydroponics.

Lots of other soil growers here, though. @Hogmaster @Countryboyjvd1971

I’m in pro mix using remo nutrients 6.3-6.7 ph never check my run off What are uses everything I need and they love it

1 Like

Ummm have I been doing this wrong???
I’ve been vegging at 16/8, not 18/6.
Am I wrong???oh Lord the questions!!!
Somebody chime in and let me know

1 Like

I mean it’s not wrong per se. But yea you have been on a different schedule. I actually was doing a 17/7 schedule this grow for like 3 weeks in veg before I caught it. It’s not really going to harm the plant. @Viktor7 usually 18/6 for veg and 12/12 for flower

1 Like

:fearful:
Has anyone else ever made my mistake of 16/8…
Well I’m flipping the switch to 12/12 soon I hope they do okay.