This is a classic case of...what?

Sort of half joking here but I’ve seen several postings of growers with this problem… But is first time me seeing it. It looks strangely familiar. Is this a deficiency? That’s my guess

FFOF 3 gal grow bar, Technaflora nutrients, 2 x Vivosun 1000W, GSC auto

3 Likes

The coloration is hard for me to parse.
Is the lower growth getting paler green than the top most growth?

Good question. Not really. It’s more like the dark in the leaves AND the light color in the leaves at the top of the plant, have more contrast.

Here is a photo of the whole

plant.

1 Like

I honestly don’t see anything terribly awry - some of the leaf tips look borderline nute burned, and the leaves themselves look like they might be close to nitrogen toxicity. Dark and waxy.

My best advice for right now is lower the doseage of nutes next time you feed/water by like 1/4, and try to get more airflow on your lights - the leaves are canoeing a bit, which can be heat stress.

1 Like

@Graysin

Interesting…

I haven’t flushed them in several waterings. Should I do a flush first?

What nags me in the back of my mind is that the other two plants grown with MG Organic X2 (spiked with nutrients most likely) are not showing the same thing and they look perfectly healthy… makes me wonder if the FFOF actually needs MORE nutrients???

I’m not sure which way to go.

I’m not sure how you arrived here. My advice is to feed less, not more. FFOF is generally not my preferred soil though, and if you haven’t flushed yet I would recommend a good flush with RO water - around week 4-6 of existence, my fox farms soil has consistently had pH problems.

1 Like

Ok, will do a flush.

First time FFOF for me so new experiences to learn.

Thanks

1 Like

Will you be saving/reusing the soil after your grow? Just asking, I prefer to start with a dead soil, so I can have control over what nutes the plant gets.

FFOF is usually good for about 4-6 weeks before needing nutes. How far along are these girls? I’m using Jack’s 321 with coco, so I’m in a different situation. I have however used FFOF with success but I agree with @Graysin to try and decrease nute strength alittle. Flushing wouldn’t hurt anything, just might make them hungry is all. What are your ppm looking like coming out? I’d start there and see if the ppm out are too high or low before feeding again.

2 Likes

@LearnasUgrow

I am using fresh soil each grow.

1 Like

Flushing will remove more then just ppms… i wouldnt be rushing to do so.

Have you fed the plants anything? As I dont see anything bad enough to warrant the flush, hold off there.

Can you post runoff numbers of pH and ppms?

2 Likes

The one part I wasn’t sure on, but thought if the PPM’s were insanely high…I’d flush, sound about right?

1 Like

@PurpNGold74

Thanks for your follow-up questions.

I may have actually accidentally stumbled on the real cause of this problem: I have a radiant heater outside the tent that blows hot air right in thru the port onto that one plant first.

I put my hand there next to it and the air was probably 90F coming in.

I wonder if that was burning/stressing that one plant that has this problem.

I reoriented the incoming port to go to the right of the plant. Let me see how that works.

But to answer your questions: I’ve been feeding since about week 4. Doing same amount for all 4 plants (autos). Only this one looks waxy and has those veins and discoloration showing up.

I don’t currently measure runoff #s.

2 Likes

Yup thats more like it. Ur on the tight track. Just remember the more variables u know the easier it is to be certain on diagnosis.

That heater could defo be the issue! Good catch

4 Likes

Phosphorus and calcium deficiency. Get your ph to 6.5.
A cannabis phosphorus deficiency usually appears with some or all of the following symptoms:

tends to affect the lower and older leaves of the plant
sometimes a phosphorus deficiency is accompanied by bright red stems (though not always), though if you have red stems but no other symptoms, it’s typically not something to worry about
leaves darken (turning a dark green, blue or grayish color) and may appear shiny
leaves may start turning yellow in places if the phosphorus deficiency is left untreated, or if the deficiency is combined with other nutrients deficiencies and/or pH problems. However, yellow leaves is typically not associated with the beginning of a phosphorus deficiency.
leaves get bronze, purple or brown spots and splotches
leaves thicken and may feel dry or stiff
stems sometimes turn bright red or purple, but not always
sometimes accompanied by a Calcium deficiency, as Phosphorus and Calcium interact with each other inside the plant
this deficiency is more common after buds start forming, when the plant is using a lot of Phosphorus
Phosphorus deficiencies in the vegetative stage usually appear at the bottom of the plant on some of the oldest leaves, and will progressively climb up the plant if left unchecked.

The progression of a cannabis phosphorus deficiency
A cannabis phosphorus deficiency usually appears with some or all of the following symptoms:

tends to affect the lower and older leaves of the plant
sometimes a phosphorus deficiency is accompanied by bright red stems (though not always), though if you have red stems but no other symptoms, it’s typically not something to worry about
leaves darken (turning a dark green, blue or grayish color) and may appear shiny
leaves may start turning yellow in places if the phosphorus deficiency is left untreated, or if the deficiency is combined with other nutrients deficiencies and/or pH problems. However, yellow leaves is typically not associated with the beginning of a phosphorus deficiency.
leaves get bronze, purple or brown spots and splotches
leaves thicken and may feel dry or stiff
stems sometimes turn bright red or purple, but not always
sometimes accompanied by a Calcium deficiency, as Phosphorus and Calcium interact with each other inside the plant
this deficiency is more common after buds start forming, when the plant is using a lot of Phosphorus
Phosphorus deficiencies in the vegetative stage usually appear at the bottom of the plant on some of the oldest leaves, and will progressively climb up the plant if left unchecked.

1 Like

I have one plant out of my 6 amnesia haze photos that’s doing something similar but patchy? The other 5 plants look perfect.
I’m in ffof using Jacks 321. Ppm is 900 going in. It’s not on all leaves. It’s very sporadic.

Looks like a simple variegation. Nothing to be alarmed of. Id still look under leaves with a scope to be safe. But should be harmless

1 Like

Thanks a ton bro!

1 Like

Help! Does this give off a classic case of phosphorus deficiency? It started turning like this about the 2-3rd week of flowering…