This has really chapped my hide

I recently, upon finishing my parole for growing, moved to New Mexico, 'cuz they have legal medical bud. I get here, and there is no, and I mean no, organizational mechanism to get medicine to those who need it. I quite naively thought that there must be such, and, hey, how about the poor people,and those who have black thumbs?? I applaud the medical weed law while being upset that Gummint can be so f#%$ing stupid. Every day, in every way. If I can get my Morphine on the State’s tab (VA and Medicaid) why do I have to pay street prices for weed?
I’m headed to San Francisco to visit one of my Daughter’s in August. She says that their law, Cali’s, is about two sentences long. No detail on who can grow, how much, and so forth. And nobody - not the politicians, not the cops, nobody, gives a Rat’s behind. Weed is, for all intents and purposes, legal across the board there. She smokes in Bars (you can smoke weed, but not tobacco! :wink: , on the street, anywhere. I really do think that I will settle down out there with her.

Peace,

1 Like

Well; Cali law is a little more involved than that. It is quits liberal 99 plants. Caregivers can grow using another’s med card. It is still very illegal to have an unlicensed grow; Expecially where children are involoved.

And the Feds still bust people and destroy grow-ops in Cali.

However; Great place to do what you need Jodie.

One thing I can tell you about prices though. IN a MMJ pharmacy an 1/8oz goes for 65 bucks.

I recently, upon finishing my parole for growing, moved to New Mexico, 'cuz they have legal medical bud. I get here, and there is no, and I mean no, organizational mechanism to get medicine to those who need it. I quite naively thought that there must be such, and, hey, how about the poor people,and those who have black thumbs?? I applaud the medical weed law while being upset that Gummint can be so f#%$ing stupid. Every day, in every way. If I can get my Morphine on the State’s tab (VA and Medicaid) why do I have to pay street prices for weed?
I’m headed to San Francisco to visit one of my Daughter’s in August. She says that their law, Cali’s, is about two sentences long. No detail on who can grow, how much, and so forth. And nobody - not the politicians, not the cops, nobody, gives a Rat’s behind. Weed is, for all intents and purposes, legal across the board there. She smokes in Bars (you can smoke weed, but not tobacco! :wink: , on the street, anywhere. I really do think that I will settle down out there with her.

Peace,
[/quote]

And this is where? California? Yeah, I thought that too, until I started to grow my six little plants and thinking it was cool to do so… Then I ran across my city’s ordinances. Here where I live weed might as well still be illegal. Where ever you are planning to move to I would check on that City’s ordinances before I make the actual move. In the city where I live you have to purchase a cultivation license. $240.00. Then you have to purchase your indoor grow equipment and the whole thing has to be out of sight of the people that live close to you. The City also reserves the right to inspect the out of sight grow room on your property and if for any reason they don’t like what they see they have the right to shut you down. That crap isn’t just happening where I live, it’s happening all over California. Due in part to narrow minded city councilman that refuse to change with the times. They don’t like pot being legalized so they found a way to block it. The whole thing makes me sick!

You forgot to mention all fees are non refundable if not approved. Also check your county regs as well as city regs. In my city/county commercial grow is not legal. But hemp is. And they will inspect. The next city/county south of me is legal. But they bust the dispensaries about every 3 months. Next city/county north of me is wide open. What a lot of people do not realize is not a single county passed the law when it was voted on. The only reason it passed was because it had 52% of the votes state wide. Which is also why the state allows each county to make their own laws regarding pot

Dam I just noticed that post is like 6 years old…maybe admin should delete post that are that old

Of which 32% is tax

Try Washington State or Oregon. Prices for bud are better than Cali. Anyone can grow 4 plants in Oregon and no one really cares. I’ve seen 70yr old women growing on their back porches. Lived out in Washington for 15 years. When I left a year ago if you had your medical card no tax on weed. Plus you can grow 15 plants for medical. My wife and I were allowed 30 plants and 48oz of dried product.

Shit me too! Old post.

New Mexico law was at the time you can only grow if you are more than a certain miles from a Marijuana store. I know for sure it was greater than 70 miles from a Dispensary. I don’t know if they changed it or not. :+1:

@MrPeat

Now you just apply for a personal grow license. It is separate from the medical card and you have to have a medical card to be able to apply for a personal grow license or have designated caregiver license. I am on the fence about applying. Mainly because of the verbiage that they have the right to come inspect your home at any time. Another issue is this, you have to clearly state how you plan to grow and security, etc., my thought is that if they decide against you getting a grow license they have got to know you most likely have the equipment set up and now you are on some sort of radar. Or if you do have a grow license are you on the law enforcement radar? Do they get a list of where personal growers live? I have had the application sitting on my desk for weeks now debating over it. (There is no verbage mentioning distance from a dispensary being part of the criteria.). It cost $35 to apply and that is the yearly cost and if you don’t get approved they keep the money. Of course they do. Because New Mexico.

I just read today that Ultra Health has a new lawsuit now with the state for making it harder for patients to get or keep their cards and recipriosity. Simply put the agency that regulates this is basically making up the rules as they go along instead of due process. You would think with the Gov Lujan Grisham being pro-cannabis this would not be happening on her watch.