This Grow Journal Has It All! Big Car Chase - Explosions!

I think im woth everyone else lol whats the wheatgrass for hahaha

2 Likes

@darren @BIGE the wheatgrass is basically winter wheat or red wheat I think are the other names. My wife is having some stomach issues and it was recommended that my wife add wheatgrass to her homemade fruit drinks. We canā€™t find it locally but it is really easy to grow. Basically as it grows you cut it off and add it to the blender.

The wheatgrass drink is a little much for me but itā€™s not bad added to something with more flavor!

12 Likes

O wow thats pretty cool!!!

1 Like

Health food! LMAO

The next issue I faced was that I am moving my grow out to a shed in the back yard. It was used as a pool house and storage etc.

I measured it and it is basically 7 feet x 7 feet. At the center it is 80 inches high and the sides are 72 inches high so I ordered a 3x3 mylar grow tent from the lowest bidder on ebay.

That will give me room enough for three plants to get going!

I also have this small indoor greenhouse that I can use for cloning etc.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000NCTGQE/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pd_nS_ttl?tag=greenrel-20

I actually have a much larger shed that I will be working on this summer. It is full of junk and needs a new roof. So I will put the roof on soon and then start cleaning it out.

It already has a heater in it (for the late fall and early spring, not sure if I can go 365 in there or notā€¦) and I will need to insulate the walls, but that will make a fine grow room.

The 3x3 will become the clone and starter tent and then Iā€™m gonna build the big room using rigid foam insulation and some other tricks and tips from my friends. We will get into all of that as the grow progresses.

If you are a tinkerer or a fix it guy and you feel like getting the grow setup and all is the fun part, then stick around.

Weā€™re gonna be growing, cloning, constructing andā€¦ maybe even harvesting!

@ragnar @Donaldj I meant to tag you guys up at the top, but figured better now than never!

12 Likes

Thats sound like a lot of fun, the more the merrierā€¦:wink::wink:

1 Like

@Ragnar Iā€™m still taking notes on your experience and @willd and all you guys that are blazing the trail for me. One of the blueberry autos is going outside, but more on that later!

The wheatgrass has to soak for 48 hours and Iā€™m supposed to dump the water they are in and give them fresh water. I have a gallon of filtered tap water that I drew a week ago and has been airing out. So I will swap the water out tonight at 8pm.

Ps. Just saw my local true value has Happy Frog and Ocean Forest on sale for $14.99 for 1.5 Cu Ft. Regular $20.99

9 Likes

I already have three 300 watt equivalent led lights that I had in anticipation of this new grow. Iā€™m gonna need one more light at some point but I will address that when the time comes.

3 Likes

Thanks for the tag @bob31 looking forward to it! I will be doing something similar with shed. I got gold leaf beans as well. @Countryboyjvd1971 when you starting yours?

1 Like

Tag me on this one. Looks like a great time. :sunglasses:

1 Like

heck bob, i thought you were going to make beer or something with that grassā€¦not health drinksā€¦healthy drinks!

3 Likes

I like Happy frog, it does not have too much crap in it so I can amend it as I wantā€¦
Go for it brother and grow it like a weed. :wink::wink::wink::wink:

3 Likes

@darren Iā€™m just soaking my seeds in pH water. Once they get a tail into the starter pots they go. Itā€™s just a bit different way than the moist paper towels. Iā€™ve seen folks doing them this way, thought Iā€™d give it a shot!

4 Likes

Ok thanks my friend, i have heard that soaking them for 24 hours before putting them in the tissue can help ,have you seen the grows with the big round brown things on top of their pots? If you or anyone else knows could you explain what thatā€™s all about

1 Like

Iā€™ll follow along. My auto mix pack will be here the end of the week (I hope). A neighbor to the north.

1 Like

Not sure what your talking aboutā€¦ but you have peeked my interestā€¦ :thinking:

:v::sunglasses:

1 Like

Thanks for the add. I definitely want to follow. Maybe I should start a journal as well, seeing as how I just sprouted 1 GL fem to go with my two Sour Diesels.

1 Like

Yeah Iā€™ve seen them on a few grows but have yet to find out what they are for, it canā€™t be drainage or anything like that so I just donā€™t know

If you could get a picture that would be greatā€¦ sounds like a self watering potā€¦

:v: :sunglasses:

1 Like

I will, Iā€™ll have to have a search through the grow journals and see if I can find one

@bob31 Tag me in please!