This cant b right

Can u check ppm by run off of soil. Or do u have to get a meter u stick in soil. I tested mine and it said 1600. That cant b right from a lil cup with 2inches of soil can it???

Yes it can depending on what your soil is composed of.
Also looks very wet. Way to young for water to runoff. Should only be damp at this point in life.
They only need a few teaspoons at a time this early on. :wink:
And welcome to ILGM. :wave:. :v:

2 Likes

Thank you very much. Doesnt have runoff reg. I made it run off to check ph and ppm. So if it is 1600 isnt that way way way way to high for baby. How do i lower it. Flush soil???

1 Like

You’re not suppose to water seedlings and very young plants to runoff. That’s way to wet, and could potentially drown your seedling. Let it dry out and only apply small amounts of water as needed until you transplant.

4 Likes

@Dro3420. Depending on what type of soil you are using.
Got any pics ? Of soil.
Maybe transplant into a fresh bit if you can and just damp.

2 Likes

I’m guessing he will be fine as long as there is plenty of holes in in bottom. It’s too late to be worried about ppm of medium, and chances are won’t be a significant problem if at all.

@Dro3420 if you are going to worry about stuff like that in the future, just start your seedlings in an inert medium. Then transplant to an amended soil if that’s the path you are looking to take.

2 Likes

Thanks DB. :+1::v:

1 Like