Third Grow, using stuff learned here

@NavRet I’m going to follow along

1 Like

Trying to not over water but the one that just broke thru was scaring me. I didn’t upload the third because I fingered flipped it so here it is

2 Likes

Well, the 2 week mark is here tomorrow. All three will be going to their respective five gallon fabric grow pots with Roots Organic 707. For the time being I will be using rain water until I can get out and get my spring water up in town.

All the young ladies in there new homes

4 Likes

When they are little like that, try to water about 2 inches away from the stem. Enough water so that the soil around the stem looks dry still and a darkish ring of wet looking soil is what you see. Really they dont have any roots yet when they hatch. It takes about 4 or 5 days for the filaments to reach out in the soil. Therefore, you will only need to water once until the 3rd set of true leaves begin to show. About thay time, the root hairs will have expanded and have mostly consumed the moisture you added. Personally I like like to pre moisten my medium prior to planting out, but thats just me. Again you will water in a circular pattern, this time make it 3 inches from the stem, and water a smidge deeper this time. Repeat this watering cycle until the plant needs water daily to drainage, when this happens its time to pot up.

4 Likes

I agree with what @Cannabian said, he is giving sound advice :v:

3 Likes

Thanks for the advice about the watering. They are in their forever pots for now. With all that is going on my new room for them is on hold. They are in 5 gallon pots now.

2 Likes

I had a little scare the other day temps outside heated up and the temp in the tent got to the high 80’s and humidity went right along with it. Cooling the house and opening the tent up did not help much. So, even with the material for the new grow room on back order I took the plants to the room in which I plan on building the room. Plants are thriving in there new home. Temps are low seventies and humidity is in the mid 60’s.

2 Likes

OK, so the TechnaFlora nutes that I am using are the ones that came with my original tent that my wife bought and I grow for her. I see that most people I see here use FF. I am growing in Roots Organic 707. Does anyone have any suggestions? I know I won’t need any nutes for a while but I want to try and stay ahead of the curve. Sorry for the wordiness, already partaken of the herb.

1 Like

Imo if you’re growing with synthetic and want to stay ahead of the curve you’ll want to check out mixing dry bags. It’s just like any other 3 part, but you dissolve them in water yourself instead of having nutrient manufacturer do it and paying triple for watered down version.

Jack’s 321 is starting to make a pretty big wave now that they are supporting cannabis market. basic recipe is 3.6 grams of their 5-12-26, 2.4 grams on their 15-0-0, and 1.2 grams of standard Epsom salt, and that’s it. Mist users will also add some microbes. I bought 25# bags of the 5-12-26 and 15-0-0 for about $100 delivered to my house. Sam’s club has 18# of epsom salt for $10.

That’s over 3100 gallons before I run out of the most frequently used bag. And it grows as good as anything else.

2 Likes

I will look them up thank you

1 Like

Day 23 from drop. One is kicking butt and the other two are lagging just a bit. It may be the temperature holding a steady 67 degrees.

2 Likes

Topped the tallest one today. I did it between the 4th and 5th Node. Awaiting the two smaller ones to reaach the same point and then CHOMP.

I got the framing up and the hooks up for the lights. The first two sheets of reflective walls up. Tomorrow I am going to finish the walls and room separators. Build the other 260 XL and get that hung. I still have to figure out how to prop up the pots to keep them off the floor.

1 Like

Topped the first one a couple of days ago. Lady number two has struggled, she was the last one to come out of her shell and has started to become a problem child as you can see from her leaves. Number 3 is a little dehydrated. Watered them all a little today. Room is coming along. Had to stop working on it yesterday due to back pain going down the legs and numbness. Here are the pics for today.

1 Like

A little water goes a long way. Gave the ladies some water and within a couple of hours they perked up

1 Like

Day 20 of veg. It was a good move making the new grow room temps and humidity shave stayed within an acceptable range. 65 to 75 degrees and 60 to 70 % RH. I topped the second plant today and watered all three. 8 more days until I drop the second set of seeds.

1 Like

On the pics above the middle pic shows a very broad leaf compared to the other two and progressing much slower than the other two. I am thinking genetics even though they are the same strain. Has anyone ever grown Fu#%ing Incredible before?

I am using pvc pipes underneath which props them off the floor. :+1:

1 Like

When I go our for my weekly errand run I am going to get pvc and a couple of closet racks and do the same. This virus is a pain. My wife kind of went of on me so now I am allowed out in public once a week. If anything is forgotten it waits for the next Monday. I just figured out that I Have to reposition my lights for better coverage. Dropping more of the same seeds in seven seeds for a one month split on harvesting.

1 Like

Lots of rain and t-boomers last night and more coming today. I hate lightning. Struck my car coming out of FLA years ago and have hated it ever since. No LOL’s on that

1 Like