Third Grow: Four Autos in a 2x4 Tent

Yeah, their death sucked…completely baffled. One croaked completely, the other one was still a little green so I put it outside…LOL. I actually had the names reversed, the GDP plants failed and the Purple Hulk autos are doing really well.

I’m going to use the Grove bags for all four plants from this grow…I still have 2 to go. So far all the members in @Audiofreak 's thread like them. The no burping thing is huge since I travel for work a lot

1 Like

We’re at the end of this grow, just the curing is left. Wrapped up the drying of the Gelato…

And the Gorilla Glue….

Seven ounces from those two ladies are now resting in their Grove bags.

Next up, Purple Hulk and Banana Kush autos.

9 Likes

Absolutely brilliant haul there buddy! :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Hey @IP54 I have a question about the Grove bags please.
Do they have a zippy lock at the top like a sandwich bag, or do you have to heat seal them?

2 Likes

Yes and you can.

They have ziploc style closures but also enough room above that if you prefer to heat seal. That could be cut when appropriate and you can still zip em up.

4 Likes

Ahh I see! That’s good then. I thought they were only heat seal and I didn’t like the idea of being “locked out” from checking the buds or only taking a portion out.

I think I’ll buy some and do a comparison with half of each yield in glass jars with boveda and the other half in the bags and see which I like best? :+1::+1::+1:

4 Likes

They give a coupon code when you make an account and make sure to look for the section that lets you build your own bundle. Got a nice assortment relatively cheap.

1 Like

Oh nice, thanks for the info!

1 Like

Hmmmm shame their postage is set at just under $100 to Australia, even though I currently only have 4 single bags in my cart :confused:

Looks like you got your answer. They are very nice, but not sure they are that nice to justify that shipping rate.

3 Likes

I ordered 20 1/4 pound bags a couple of days ago. Thanks for the pics of the buds and Grove Bags @IP54

1 Like

Yeah I’m going to email them to see if they can just post, as opposed to courier rates?

seems so random…my first 3 plants are also really different from one another…strange

1 Like

That would be a great test to do

1 Like

I’m realizing that the plants looking different while being the same seed is more the ‘rule’ than the ‘exception of the rule’. The phenos aren’t very stable in most cases with the hybrid seeds we buy.

Like children, some kids look more like their mother and some look more like their father…and some look a bit like both. :man_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

I’m a week into using the Grove bags on four harvests. It’s looking like you have to be very close on the bud’s moisture content to be able to put them in and just let them cure. I’ve had to open two of them overnight a few days in a row to get the humidity levels down on bud I put in there at 13-15% moisture content on the meter. The humidity was at 68-70% after 3 days. I got it down to 65-66% so far snd I’m just about to do it again today.

Bud that I put in at 10-12% on the meter is holding steady at 61-63% humidity in the bag.

5 Likes

Thanks for the info. My bags came in this week and will be using them in about 3 weeks. Thanks again.

3 Likes

Hey thanks for the update on how you’re going with the bags!
Even if they potentially add no more “curing benefit” than the Bovedas in glass jars, other major benefita that I can see are the discretion if someone does happen to see what goodies are in the wine fridge, and also, I’m worried that one day I’m going to lose grip on a jar and drop it and it’ll smash, and there goes up to an ounce of weed :sob:

1 Like

Lol! I hear ya…but I’m not sure these will last long term, specifically the seal strip. It’s not easy to get in & out of the bag. And if you’re not careful, you can pull the seal strip completely off the bag…by not pulling it apart in the right spot.

When you first look at the seal, you’d think the way to pull the two sides apart is by the way it looks in front of you…

When actually, the spot you open it on is up tight to the bag edge. I put a needle nose pliers to show you where to grab.

Kinda hard to see in pictures, but hopefully you get the idea. I’m thinking I do the initial cure in them, then move them to mason jars when the buds are smokeable and are easier to navigate when stoned. :rofl:

4 Likes

Ahh yes I do see the issue! Thanks!
I’m still waiting from a reply from them to see about this exorbitant postage to Aust they have set up on their website

1 Like