Third Grow - A1 Yola

Started her out on Saturday and she popped through the ground yesterday.

Soil: nectar for the gods #4
Lights: king led plus 1000w
Pot: 2gal

3 Likes

It’s been a while but here she is

She’s looking good. Gave her nutrients for the first time last week. She’s responding well.

3 Likes

Just gave her a full nutrient feeding today. We’ll see how she takes it. It’s a heavy yielder so more food should amp her production.

She’s chugging along. Almost a foot tall. Got a new tent so she’ll stretch now. Hoping to pull a clipping and see if I can determine sex soon.

1 Like

She’s chugging along. She’s almost a foot tall. I see her first set of of pistils so confirmed she’s a girl.

4 Likes

She’s looking huge these days. Next to my little mandarin cookies v3 that started slow but is picking up the pace.

2 Likes

Trying out cloning too.

She gave me a few decent cuttings so I’m giving that a try.

3 Likes

her roots were coming out of the bottom of the 3 gallon pot so I transplanted her to a 7 gallon. Hoping the extra size makes her happy.

2 Likes

flipped her to 12/12 last night. Did some more lst to spread her out. I know she’s going to stretch.

1 Like

And now we wait. 56 days and counting.

1 Like

1 Like

finally brought the net. She’s looking great. I gave her the first dose of flowering nutes.

Just got a spider farmer 1000w light for the tent. I’m hoping she responds well. I’m sure going from the king led light it should be a noticeable difference in growth.

2 Likes

@Mote @Dbpooper check out the a1yola. She’s looking great!

1 Like

She’s looking real good buddy, you got her nice and healthy, should have some very respectable colas as she continues to grow :smiley: Great job, keep it up :+1:
Interesting strain, never heard of A1 Yola before, its indica dominant … :sunglasses: where did you get the seeds from if you dont mind me asking.
Also, how are your clones doing, did they take?

the Mandarin cookies sounds very interesting as well. How old is she, and is she in your flower tent?
being a sativa dominant I would think she’s gonna do some serious stretching?!
couldnt find the V3 version, only the Original Mandarin Cookies by ethos was available from seeds here now.
(is that Thai Basil in there w them gals?! :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :grin:)

Set to watching :popcorn:
Enjoy your Sunday and Keep on Rocking brother :v: :partying_face:

1 Like

I got these seeds from the seed cellar. They’re in Michigan so it’s a short delivery time. They have great selection of genetics IMO tons from all the good breeders.
The mandarin cookies v3 is (gmo cookies x mandarin sunset) and yes it’s in my flowering tent. Well my only tent at this point. My other smaller tent is broken down at the moment but I guess I could put her back into veg in the basement.

The clones are being weirdos. They haven’t really done much. Kind of about to give up on them. One had some resemblance of roots but nothing concrete yet. It’s pretty cold in Chicago so temp is a challenge. My lights run at night so they don’t get cold. That SF light is so warm it’s great.

Yep that’s my Thai basil. I’m about to clone those as well. See the basil clones so fast yet the a1 yola cuttings don’t seem to care. Maybe they need a warmer surface.

1 Like

Ended up getting a mystery mix from mephisto genetics yesterday I’m psyched because they’re autos. I seem to like autos they’re low maintenance.

1 Like

I meant to say in my previous post, the mandarin cookies is a month in I let her veg for a month but the yola was too tall to keep in veg so I flipped the lights. I think the cold stunted her heavily. She came out of the ground with a vengeance and then just slowed down to crawl. I figure I could flip her back to veg if the yola finishes before she’s done or I could clone her later.

By the way the a1yola strain seems to be one of exotic genetixs retired line of seeds. I got pretty lucky that the first bean I sprouted turned out to be a girl. She’s a heavy yielder so hopefully I get her maxed out in that tent. She could yield a half lb if I play my cards right. I am in a 7 gal pot so the roots will have space to move around. The root ball was solid when I transplanted her into the bigger pot.

1 Like

Cool Man, thanks for the tip on the seedbank, I do like to support domestic banks :+1: :partying_face:
They seem to have some nice offerings, a bit pricey but not overly so.

The clones should be getting their sea legs by now if you took em on the 14th?! Are they in the tent or in that
incubator thing? A heat pad doesnt hurt regardless of where they are.
Throw a picture up if you get a chance. What kind of lighting are they getting? are they on 18/6 at this point.
In my limited experience the lighting can make a huge difference.

Mandarin cookies: When did you flip her to 12/12. If it wasnt that long ago you could technically re-veg her, but that involves another tent of course. Yeah a month is a pretty short veg especially if she wasnt stretching/thriving much, wether temps or other variables came into play is hard to say. At least the light is throwing off some heat. I hope she snaps out of it, or drop another seed when you get a chance :grin:

That will help tremendously, she’s already getting big so that will just continue. I hope she gets huge for you bud.

That’s awesome on the Thai Basil, lmk how it goes when you clone them :+1: :yum:

@GreenJewels Thai Basil Clones! :wink: :smiley:

1 Like

Oh nice Thai Basil :wink::sunglasses:. I had planned to harvest mine and send you some @Mote. Sorry, Mr frost took them before I did :frowning: :v::green_heart:

1 Like