Third group of seedlings, first indoor grow

It’s been a while since my last post. I’ve gone completely organic with these seedlings and am constantly learning and tweaking as I go. This plant is a ilgm Big Bud seed. Found a guy nearby (central Iowa) who has gifted me some soil and I’ve decided to use worm castings with this one. Auto-fem. About 27 days old. It had its own light source as a seedling. I transferred to a 5 gallon yesterday.

I’ve never had a plant grow this fast, or had these giant fan leaves like this. I’m guessing im heading in the right direction. The first two, and so far only plants that I’ve harvested were topped and I had experimented with LST. Those were Amnesia Haze, but the yield was lower than expected. So my question is, should I leave alone? I’ll probably top it, but I feel like just letting it grow. I can go 12 feet if I want. I kept the AH at about 3 feet. I’m the pic, are they stretching too much?

Please school me. Thank you.

1 Like

She’s definitely ready to start her training. A lot of auto folks don’t like to top; you can basically accomplish the same thing by bending the main stem over and then tying it down. You want the main top to be even in height with the others. The plant naturally want to grow taller, and will focus most of its energy on the tallest branch. By taking it down in height, you can allow some of those branches you pointed to develop more.

2 Likes

Excellent information, thank you. I did not know that about auto-fems. I was actually a little concerned about the pliability of the main stem, but I can most definitely bend her over and tie her down. (:thinking:). :+1:t3:

1 Like

:point_up_2: yeah buddy that LST works great and have done a few like this instead of topping, usually the slow growers I let stay natural. @Eminor7
I would remove the lowest node on the plant in the pics with the red arrows, she’s got some pretty tight node spacing and this will turn into a lower bushy nightmare with immature buds plus use the energy you could put on the uppers. Bend the top over and tie it down and spread the lower branches out so they will grow vertical between the uppers and tie them down as well. I use landscaping pins for early LST to manipulate the branches to grow where I want them to or top and LST the same. It’s always good to have both experiences :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

Ok, very good. Thank you. So lowest node is the first two single blade Leaves, and the two branches, the blue arrow. Correct? These plants are amazing.

2 Likes

Exactly :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

Cool. Thanks OG!

1 Like

Ok- so I did as instructed and so far very happy with the results. I’m still trying to figure out exactly how I’m going to tie down the rest, but I’m ready to go.

So this morning I get up and find this next to the stem. Looks like a cannabis cotyledon, but I have no idea how it got there. Any ideas?

Thank you again for all the help!!

4 Likes

You had some new seedling :green_heart::see_no_evil::blush:
Like @OGIncognito said he had you cover

Happy growing :metal::green_heart::christmas_tree:

1 Like

:flushed::flushed: where did that come from? Let it ride for a few days, you can still transplant her to another pot. Here is a Super Lemon Haze that I let go without topping. The pic is late in flower and I had removed all the tie downs but I let the main go when all the sides caught up in vertical growth. :love_you_gesture:

I use landscaping pins for early LST until the sides reach the outside of the pot then I use soft ties.

4 Likes

Pics look great! I like the landscape ties. They seem to work better when the plants are smaller.

Definitely going to let this other little seedling chill for a moment. I threw up a single bulb $50 LED down low so it will get some light. I had a seed that I thought didn’t germinate, but I am pretty sure all that got tossed out. We’ll see.

Thanks you all!!

1 Like

This was my first indoor plant that I harvested a month ago. Amnesia Haze from the high yield autofem pack. Topped and Lollypopped.

5 Likes

Right on! I love a good Haze :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

The Lemon and Amnesia look very similar. I can’t get over how beautiful these plants become. Now if I can get my plants to look like yours, I’d be very happy. Getting there is half the fun. :peace_symbol::metal:t3:

1 Like

Need to try :yum::dash::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::joy:

Hey OG- what was the end yield on the SLhaze plant? The colas look nice and full. This is a auto-fem too, correct?

1 Like

Never pulled a wait, but it was heavier than my last 2 Sour Diesels at 8.25 and 9.3 ounces :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

Yes auto fem :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

If I could hit that mark I would be very happy. I think I’m about to post a few more pics of this :point_up_2:t3:Plant. :metal:t3: