Thinning and pruning

Honestly? This is WAYYYY outta my league. I know @Big123 grows them redwoods. N @Myfriendis410 n @Drinkslinger know they weed plants… but wow. TREES

2 Likes

I’m not seeing any direct deficiencies, but I do supplement with silica, which can improve your plants stem/branch strength. It’s a bit late for that though.
A lot of outdoor cultivators throw a supportive trellis netting over the plants before the stretch. It too helps support things. Also a bit late.

It’s tough when they get that big. Heavy rain, water retention, strong winds, and even bud development can push branches to the breaking point.

1 Like

Yes we support separating branches using line or sticks and that works for partial breaks if they aren’t moved around too much.

Still, we’ve lost branches equalling a couple v. large plants. Interestingly, the plants seem to attempt making up the loss.

Irrespective, we’re gonna be harvesting and trimming for a month or more.

1 Like

Drinkslinger; What’s the story about silica?

It promotes stronger leaves, roots, stems, as well as increasing pest resistance.

Seems to be lots of conflicting info about use during flower. I usually taper it off after the stretch.

1 Like

Silica is the only suggestion I have to offer. Too bad @Willd isn’t around. He did 16 pounds a year or two ago.

2 Likes

Man i forgot bout dude! Did have some amazing grows

1 Like

I would get some fencing wire and cage them up plus stake them up.

From last year:

8 Likes

@Docwill great grow. i think this is a problem for everybody who grows mj plants o natur al. they are supposed to get this big and usually become too heavy for their own good. my theory… this is why they love supercropping so much. its a common occurance in nature. just my thoughts. harvest should only be a month away hopefully. i would love to hear the yield on one of those 12 footers.

Big123; Wow. Are those like 3’ Sea of Green?

1 Like

thatguythatgrows; We stress-train branches which greatly increases yield. Is that Supercropping? Are there different methods?

More like Ocean of Weed!

1 Like

It was 6 plants, each in a 65 gallon grow bag.

Big123; How many nodes were present when you Fim’d or topped your plants?

We’ve got several fim’d at 5-nodes that spread out like yours after stress-training the main trunks and many lateral branches. They’re about 8’ diameter and 4’-5’ tall.

Parenthethetically they’re too much work. From now on I’m waiting until the main trunk is tall enough to start stressing down, maybe 4’-6’ and then fimming.

What part of the world r u growing those fine ladies

Cali, within 70 mi. radius of Santa Barbara.

This photo represents two plants and a bit of a third one peeking in.

5 Likes

I’m up in North County. You know that place our Congressman called the ‘armpit of the county’? That’s where I am.

1 Like

Santa Barbara County? So, Lompoc or Santa Maria…