Thinking of going to LED

Driver dimming regulates current allowing boards to run more efficiently. In times when you don’t need as much light or maybe have a hot day you can turn a screw and reduce amount power easily. Would be good for mixing with hps because you can kinda tune it a little

1 Like

@dbrn32 Thanks. Is it worth the $35 ea to get assembled and tested?

1 Like

It’s not hard to do. I guess depends on how you value saving $35 vs not having to worry about putting it together.

3 Likes

I can’t imagine spending $35 to have it setup.
If you’ve ever had an erector set, or plugged in a home theater system, you can easily build it yourself.

2 Likes

Ok I ordered 2 for now. I will put it together my self so saved $70. Let you know when I get them. Any online instructions to study while waiting?

3 Likes
4 Likes

@dbrn32 @MoneyPit Thanks for the advice, and for the video. I saved $70 :grin:

Looks pretty simple. I was looking around the site for instructions and was looking at the Gorilla tents. I was thinking with a 4x4 or 5x5 I could set up in the house to control the temps an I have a 6" fan and charcol filter to exhaust the air from it. What do you think of that? I could use the 2 260xl’s in it for one plant and keep the 1000w hps double ended where it is for another plant.

3 Likes

I Like this light, Anyone have any experience with it?

3 Likes

Here you go. Quite a few of them around.

4 Likes

Optic 1, Migro, and QB r probably the best lighting right now!
high efficiency (money saver), versatility (options for proper cover), great spectrum.!

CMH, HPS/MH, r the next best and cheaper to get started.

T-5 floro, small HID (70-150w), and GOOD Blurple LED (expensive for what they r), are doable but not to great in flower.

CFL and cheap Amazon Blurple LED r not worth buying for flower, a waste of money.!!

Thanks for the link, i read through the post. The more i dig on this light, the better it looks to fit my situation.

5 Likes

If it got a HLG kit for a QB, would i still need to look at a T5 or something simular to start seedlings with? Or judt use the qb?

2 Likes

the QB’s will start seedlings, just need the light high enough to not burn them.!
i use a 135w V2 QB in 4000k for mommas, veg, clone’lings, and seedlings all in the same ‘room’,
most of their kits come with a dimmer switch if height is an issue.!

3 Likes

Sweet!

After a few months of digging into the properties of lights, to the custom space I have, I finally now have a grip on what type of light that I feel will work for me.

Thank you for the tip, I like the one stop shop~

BAM lets do this!

5 Likes

I agree. Just about all of the kits will come with a dimmer too. Between the dimmer and adjusting height plenty good for seed to harvest growing.

5 Likes

What are you guys thinking about growing with LED

lettuce, radishes, and greens.!! LOL

3 Likes

XD if we think about the same when you say green. I can sleep like a baby again. Xd

1 Like

U got a led ?

@Verdant,
u r asking questions that can be answered just by reading this one thread.! lol
please don’t hi-jack someone’s thread to ask trivial questions that could be answered by just a few minutes of reading on this site.!

4 Likes