Thinking of combining for Lights Sake!

Ok so I have a 4x4 x80 with a 1000w Led, Another tent 24x3060 I believe… 600w LED … Now I have 9 WW autos in the 4x4 they are so low now worried about space… thinking of combining both lights in the 4x4 … that would add 4 more ogk to the 4x4 … Could get crowded but I’m thinking the lighting would be much much affective… Thoughts…
Thanks … I found the post button lol

1 Like

Hate to be the one to say this but even if you do it may not be enough.

1 Like

Really? I mean I have grown in this tent with just the 1000w and didn’t have any problems so far?.. I was going to add another light just for better coverage…
thanks tho…

Hi @Thisoldman I have a similar light to you to start off and it wasn’t the best all seedlings were tall long stems I swapped it out for a phlizon 2500 cob led light and growth has gone great and bushy rather than stretching.

I’m new to this but those cheap light aren’t that great mine was rated 1000w and only pulled 90w from the wall where as the phlizon is rated at 2500w and pulls 600w from the wall

1 Like

See that’s the biggest problem the names and the power doesn’t match. Its like buying a gt and popping the hood to see a 4 cylinder.

5 Likes

You really need @dbrn32 to take a look and see how many watts per foot you need as well as the lights actual wattage and figure out if your good or should supplement.

What models are the lights? How much were your previous harvests under the 1000 by itself?

1 Like

They are cheap China lights , I had 6 last yr on the 1000w only an didn’t do bad at all, I was so pleased I moved up to 12 but I was adding the other light due to adding more plants obviously need more light , but I’m in a state where I have lost my job an actually cant go look for another anyway so … yeah . Cant buy another at the moment… I can barely pay attention…
But now I am freaking out I dont have enough light so I hung 4 , 48’ led strip lights along with both leds …
… It that a bad idea?. I mean more light the better in theory right ?.

1 Like

2 Likes

Ok so this is now what I have running in my 4x4

2 Likes

Each of us has different expectations and different budgets. If you were happy with your last grow under the lights you have, then keep doing what has worked for you.

Everyone is correct, results would be very different with additional light but we can only afford so much.

6 Likes

Yup. Nothing wrong with doing what you can.

3 Likes

Welcome to the community ! I’ve been growing in a 4x4 space for a long time. If your plants do what they should you’re going to run out of space quick, 9 plants that’s a lot in a 4x4 space. Plants will be fighting for space. Just my thoughts good luck happy growing !

2 Likes

So can I get away with moving the lights closer?. Had them at 26 to 30 but they looked stretching an dim… an I know the leds are not as powerful as it says… so I moved them down to about 14… They dont seem to mind at all … I will definitely keep a eye on them every few hrs just to safe . Freaking me out , I dont wanna start over !! Ya hear Lol.

I would move a little closer if seedlings are getting leggy.

1 Like