Thinking abt a change to LEDS from HPS

Hi I’m currently running 3 600w hps lights over 10 auto pots getting a decent yield back easy getting 5 0z a plant nearly 6 just thinking what leds and watt would I need to get same results thanks

@dbrn32 is the guy you need

2 Likes

How big is your grow space?

@elheffe702 its 6ft x10ft

Was thinking of putting 3 2000w leds in or is this way to much

That depends a lot on which LEDs, and their true wattage/efficiency. Is the entire space used for flowering, all at one time?

2 Likes

You gotta go hlg qb or cutter.

1 Like

@elheffe702 no this will be veg aswel was looking at the bestva led range but not what to go for

@DankGunslinger any links for these lights thanks

1 Like

One last question: what’s your budget?

2 Likes

@elheffe702 dont really have one just want the best for my money thanks

Cant link them search hlg lighting and cutter lighting. If you’re gonna be current get the respec. Mine are not and I dont think it’s a gsmebreaker but reds help in the right amount. Also ask @dbrn32 hes the light wizard.

1 Like

I built my qb setup which is 4 120 boards for about 250. Check my log out goes over the whole project.

2 Likes

@DankGunslinger thanks very much

1 Like

Hps were the best at one time. Now it’s all higher intensity led which is lower on the electric bill also. And they give off little heat. Have never regretted my Qb lights. Knew going into it reading what mattybear was doing with them that that’s how I was rolling.

2 Likes

If it were my 6 x 10 grow, I’d split it in two areas: one 18/6 and one 12/12, then light a small area, maybe on a shelf, for a nursery/clone area in the veg part, and make a 6 x 6 section for flowering. Then, you could light the flowering section with one big fixture or several smaller ones, but that’s where I’d focus the majority of the budet. Veg lighting is important, too, but they can thrive with much less light during veg. As far as which fixtures to get/build, it depends on how you want to stagger the plants. If you aim to keep them on similar schedules, one big fixture would probably be fine. But if you stagger them for a more perpetual harvest (or so you’re not trimming 8-10 plants at a time), it might be better to go with several smaller fixtures for more flexibility, height-wise.

2 Likes

Have any pictures to show the layout? Covering 60 ft² with 3 600’s leaves me wondering how much, if any, dead floor space there may be.

3 Likes

Shhhhh he’s here.:wink:

3 Likes

@dbrn32 I dont a the minute sorry I’m using meter wide a juster wing reflectors aswel these fill the room with plenty of light

1 Like

@Lukey91 @dbrn32 knows his stuff on these lights he could even help you build a big bag quantum board light I personally love my lec 630 on the light mover but he is definitely the light guy

2 Likes