Thinking about upgrading my light

That’s awesome bro! You ain’t kidding. That’s bright as hell!

1 Like

Output, sorry.

1 Like

Think your confusing the style lights with that video , we’re talking about the style i have in pic above. I think lol

Thank you db for your response. It’s starting to make sense now. I’m still not up to speed with specs but @Flipdawg08 schooled me on it lol.

2 Likes

@The_Chef i did my best for ya bud! Haha but @dbrn32 is definitely more light guru status than i am so he may be able to explain exactly what those numbers do/mean to you a little clearer and easier to understand than i think id be able to explain it lol

2 Likes

But all in all looking at it in the most simplest of ways is bigger numbers is better lol obviously haha

1 Like

In time , ill make you all believers , just waiting being patient .

1 Like

You did fantastic! Also, my last question. The one about swapping lights mid grow lol

1 Like

@The_Chef yeah you will be just fine just when you would go to swap them out just put the diablo up and dim it down to a little less than what your 550 would be.

Example: say you were running your 550 at fullblast thats 500-550watts or whatever but for the sake of this example lets say its 500. Put the diablo up at around the same hight you had the 550 at and put the power to 1/2 or about 3/4 on the diablo and then just work your way up with the power as you usuualy would based on how the plants are taking it .

Youll find the sweet spot for the light after some trial and error . Im still experimenting with it myself but even if you just go off of what it tells you to do in the manual that comes with it youll be jist fine my friend. And also ill always be a tag away if you ever need anything else to ask me . Always happy to help a fellow growmie haha.

2 Likes

Flipdawg has you pretty well dialed in. I would say two things to look at specifically are PPF and Photon Efficacy. The PPF (photosynthetic photon flux) is the total radiometric output of light. Not to be confused with PPFD which can change with distance to light or where it’s specifically measured. The Photon Efficacy (usually shown as umol per joule) is the amount of PPF per second per watt. The higher this number is the more efficient light is.

Is also important to see what kind of supporting information the manufacturer includes. Ive seen multiple companies say they use lm301h and their lights run at 2.8 umol/joule. That info is taken directly from Samsung data sheet and only when tj is 25c and ran at 65ma per led. So unlikely their fixture actually ran at that level of efficiency.

2 Likes

This guy really helped me out too in my decision. The diablos have been ordered.

3 Likes

@The_Chef awesomeeeeee! You will not be disappointed! Welcome to the club my friend hahahahaha

2 Likes

Extremely grateful for all the help! When I started this journey back in November last year I made some impulse purchases and acquired a lot of garbage along the way. Including not so good lights. Joined here I think in December to gather info and it’s been quite the learning experience to say the least. Without the help and knowledge of everyone who took time to answer my questions I’d still be playing trash. I really want to do this and do it right. Lol

2 Likes

@The_Chef i also agree with what @dbrn32 said about companies being able to back up their product. HLG is awesome in that aspect becuase they offer the tested lab results to back up their claims so again you will not be disappointed hahaha

2 Likes

Well glad your gonna stick around and too it then !! Haha like i always say do ot right the first time or do it twice . At least now youll only have to make this purchase once and be done with it and know your gonna have something thatll get the job done for you no matter how you use them

2 Likes

Honestly itll be kinda hard NOT to grow awesome bud under those light hahahaa

2 Likes

The worst part of this now is the wait. :joy:
My goal is to grow some really good weed. I know that these lights will deliver and I don’t have to worry about the what ifs. Lol.

I like my 550 rspecs and I’m that they would have done great, but it would always be in my mind ( what if I had those diablos) . Would my results have been better? I don’t have that worry anymore and can really focus on growing now.

2 Likes

Awesome! From what i hear they have been shipping pretty quickly. Hopefully won’t be long at all.

2 Likes

@The_Chef exactly my thoughts as well. I went from a 600rspec for 1 grow cycle and then jumpped up to the scorpion diablo because of that exact reason hahaha thought to myself exactly that . " well these came out awesome, what if i had even more ppwer haha" and guess what i just harvested 4 plants from under the scorpion last week and it has definitely gotten even better

And again @dbrn32 is is right everytime ive bought something from hlg i have always gotten it that same week

2 Likes

I’m pretty excited bro! I have 6 amnesia haze in a 4x8 under a scrog and started in November. I really want to get the most out of all the work I’ve put in so far.

Still have lots to learn and can’t wait to soak it all in. Lol

3 Likes