Thinking about lowering my exhaust fan

Will lowering my exhaust fan help raise tent temperatures? Im kinda hoping to cut back on space heater use. I already have the exhaust fan turned down to lowest it can go and still control odor. I figure heat rises so maybe if i put it on floor it would help trap more heat off the lights? I also already moved my intake vent to the roof of my tent in hopes of pumpimg in the rooms hot air.

2 Likes

I would Keep the fan above the light and turn it down and the intake low to bring new air in. What are your lung room temps :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

67 unless I run a space heater. its a spare room in the house and thats what the thermostat is set at. I guess the space heater may just be necessary during the winter months. Thanks bunches Ill leave the exhaust filter be.

1 Like

I would think with that lung room temp outside and your light inside you would see an 8-10 degree difference??? My lung room temps are very similar and my temps are higher inside the tent. For my seedling and early veg I have a 500 watt heater outside that my intake fan pulls the warmer temps in since my light is dialed down low. My closet with late veg and flower doesn’t need this as the light is providing the extra heat :love_you_gesture:

4 Likes

Less exhaust will keep your temps up from the light. If you lower it it’ll still grab the heat, just before it rises then.

3 Likes

Could try a little fan up by the driver blowing the heat down towards the plants

3 Likes

yes. my tents cool better when air is introduced through thebottom.
Suggestion @Meloco1980
Exhaust (from tent) or circulate (no tent in room) filtered air into lung room.
This will keep heat in room.
Heat generators and motors in tent for heat retainment and noise reduction.
Keeping in mind required minimum air exchange needed by grow plants transpiration.
I use AC-Infinity Cloudlines to control tents.
Exhaust 4x4x6.5 into another. Second 4x4x6.5 has filtered exhaust.
First tent has secondary exhaust capability into attic.
Lung room/garage leaks air, more with windows open (additional cooling available).
Opening tent zippers fluctuates temp.s
Both tents on 2inch pink board for insulation from concrete.
Grow design change 42, so far this year.
Good growing to you.

5 Likes

I vent directly into room in winter. Keeps it cozy lights on.

3 Likes

I got a couple degrees warmer but not enough, also on roof of tent. Added 24’ of exhaust to let more heat off the duct in lung room. That was in Sept I think.
Can you restrict your intake by half to slow down the flow through. I notice a difference from when I open the bottom all the way vs a 4" intake.

4 Likes

IMO, too much hoses for air movement.

1. exhaust from top of tent, into filter.
  2. remove all other ducting.
  3. Tent will intake air from bottom of tent,vent, zippers or open door
  4. If cooling is required inline-Intake fan inside tent, at bottom.

good designing to you.
    My tents have extra vent holes, so I stuff a long hose in them
    allows static air into tent while restricting light (less side sucking).
    I run my T6 fans under speed setting #4, unless purging grow room.
    Too much hose would make them work harder.
    Then there is the math area=PIEtimes r squared
3 Likes

It looks like you have insulation under the tent. I have done a couple of cold basement indoor grows. I end up draping sleeping bags or blankets over the tent for more insulation. Another grower recommended those emergency mylar blankets but I could not find any last time I was out shopppng.

1 Like

my little light is only 200w in an oversized 5x5 tent. (I dream of bigger things some day) if i dont run the space heater my in tent temp will run about 71F. I also run my space heater outside of the tent.

1 Like

my intake fan is also mounted high so I will lower it. Im not very many degrees away from being satisfied. Thanks

1 Like

Intake fan is less important than exhaust fan. Negative atmosphere can be created in tent with exhaust exceeding input. EXHAUSTING Filter external to tent and fan supplying filter inside tent at top (exhaust most heated space). Room easily supplied thru vacuum if exhausting lung room air. GGTY

1 Like

2 inch pink insulation board from HD (4’x8’x2") under my tents (plus extra so I can walk between tents),

1 Like

Excellent! Right now I have my tent up to almost 80 with insulation beneath, fan speed lowered an a sleeping bag on top.

1 Like

Ive run my exhaust fan i to my intake and reuse the heat. With the bottom open a little.

1 Like

Ok thank you. I am venting into the attic. Ill set something up so that I can vent into the room for winter grows. I just never entertained the idea because I put a lot of work into making my vent into the attic fairly permanent but I have extra venting pipe so I can make me another setup that vents into the room for winter grows. thanks lots.

2 Likes

Good mornin ‘loco hows the temps buddy.
I just finished the same thing, brought my tent downstairs and cut a hole in ceileing, venting to attic. Now have >40’ of exhaust duct :laughing: about 15’ of it coiled up above my tent and protruding into the new lung room to recover some exhaust heat

1 Like

for time being I have actually let out about 8 foot of vent on top of tent before it goes into attick and its made about 3 degree difference running about 74F. im thinking about making me another setup that vents into the room for the colder days we have also been in a bit of a warmer few days here.

2 Likes