Thinking 2-3 more weeks. Opinions?

Only 43 days in flower, but I see some amber trichs. Thoughts?

Bud

Full plant(s) shot

6 Likes

I’d agree with your assessment. Don’t see much of her consuming/yellowing the lower fans yet, some in the uppers at tips and margins, but it’ll progress pretty fast over a couple days once she starts. She looks good and bulked up, check 10 spots across the top and mid of both plants, and average the clear/cloudy/amber range and decide. The trichs will still continue to ripen once you start your end process, whatever that may be for you - darkness/no darkness, flush/no flush, drying etc. So really your estimating where you will be in a few days/week - you get from judgement and experience. At this point you cant go wrong, all depends on the high you want. I prefer the racy functional head high for most, but I’m a workaholic.

2 Likes

Thanks, @Pet_de_Chien. As Tom Petty said, “The Waiting is the Hardest Part”. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Other plant trichs

For the High I like. Perfect! I’d be doing hospice on them. Everyone has their own high preference & end of life process, I’m not selling mine, but I’d start planning for the “End is Near”.
Looks great, grats on getting there looking this good!

1 Like

Right?!? But at 43 days, it makes me think I’m missing something… :upside_down_face:

Genetics is everything. almost!
If thats the typical trich observation, it is what it is! but still at least a week out if you have and end of grow hospice plan.

So both are clones I got from a buddy. He said based on his experience, 56 days was typical for the KK, but he had yet to grow out this particular GSC plant. Although he kept a copy, he still hasn’t, but they seem to be close to each other. I’m thinking it may be a 56 day chop. We’ll see. Now to settle on a final process. So very many opinions out there. But I am thinking a Sledgehammer flush (due tomorrow), then one more week feeding, then a final week of water only for a flush. Then 2 days dark, and chop.

1 Like

If it was me I would want a whole lot more dark pistils before I started down the home stretch. The amber trichomes I see are on a sugar leaf which doesn’t count.
This is a purple haze the day before harvesting her. The pistils have receded (drawn into the calyx) and 90% brown/orange

her trichomes were a good mix

I liked this one

The best way to tell is with a scope or decent jewelers loupe. I use the pistils as a gauge when to start checking trichomes.

2 Likes

The only thing determined at this point, is to do my Sledgehammer flush tomorrow, then back on feeding schedule, and keep watching. Luckily while waiting is hard, I have plenty o stash to get me there.

Oh, and very clear pics BTW. What scope are you using? I can’t get my buds to hold still enough to get that focused. Maybe I need to turn off all my fans…

Did you notice Foghorn Leghorn checking out your trichs?

The trichome shots were taken with a Plugable USB 2 scope.

The flexible stand sucks because it vibrates too much so I replaced the stand with a solid one. I also use in on a camera tripod

2 Likes

Thanks for the idea. Having previously spent several years working for Jerry Riggs Engineering, Inc. (otherwise known as the US military), I put those skills to use. Grabbed a music stand base, and a guitar stand top, and some tape. I now have a stable platform for my scope, albeit rather less than elegant:

And although my girls are sleeping at the moment, I had a leaf I removed from a clone earlier, so did some checks:

Zoom in:

This weekend? Or next weekend. I’m on the fence, and not sure if I’m over-anxious. Today is day 52 of flower, and today’s trichome pictures.
GSC

Kandy Kush

Oh, and what the rest of the plants look like: