Think my buds are suffering nutrient burn. Can anyone give an opinion about the browning occuring all over?

Can anyone give their opinion about the looks of these buds 5 weeks into flower.
Mars Hydro FC-E4800 100% at about 15”
Ph levels of soil are good
Watering issues: underwatered and was dealt with today, completely saturated my pots after letting them dry out for about 5 days

2 Likes

If you mean the burnt leaf tips, that means the plant is taking in as much as it can. If you’re referring to the white hairs turning red, that is normal. They do this as the buds mature, and mostly red hairs are indicative of plant maturity.

By good pH, what do you mean? I see a lot of clawing and lighter green which could mean that there are pH issues.

4 Likes

With my blue lab soil tester I’m getting reading from 6.0-6.6

I see some clawing here and there. Almost looks like what I just went through a few weeks back. What are you growing in? Do you check your ppm runoff? Do you check ppm going in? When you feed do you get around 20% runoff from what you put in? Just curious

3 Likes

I made a potent compost tea several days ago to try and solve what I thought was possible nutrient deficiencies, I also top dressed with Gaia green bloom and poured the compost tea over that so the clawing and yellowing may be nutrient burn?

1 Like

Usually compost has a lot of nitrogen. That, along with a top dressing may have been a little too much.

3 Likes

I watered several weeks with no run off it was a drip system which I just removed (needed it for 5 day vacation) left it installed so…no run off at all. But only using organic craft blend and since flower Gaia green bloom

2 Likes

Do you have a ppm/tds meter?

1 Like

Damn I’m dreading having to flush all four plants

1 Like

I would check my runoff number. pH and TDS. They may be a little off.

2 Likes

Yes I do but run-off ppm is such a guessing game

2 Likes

Not really. What I would do is on your next round of watering is just use ph’d water and get some good runoff and see where you’re at. It’s possible that you have some build up in your pots. It looks like it’s early enough to fix without massive amounts of water.

4 Likes

When you check runoff, wait until the bag is close done draining, and collect even to sample.

2 Likes

This is what I went through 20 days ago.

This is what my plants looked like on april 10th.

This is April 28th after correcting the buildup in my pots. My ppm’s were at almost 3000ppm in runoff and are now back down to 1100ish. The clawing and droop has all but left.

8 Likes

My PH is 5.9 in all four of my pots which isn’t drastic but may be causing some of the issue. I think I may have underwatered, mistakenly added too much nutrients thinking there was a deficiency and now have bit of nute burn with a slight ph issue now as well. I could be screwed should I add lime to raise ph?

2 Likes

Fantastic work saving those, man!

1 Like

You’re in soil right? Appreciate the compliment bro🤙

1 Like

I’d wait to see what it looks like in a day, given your watering issue, before adding lime. Be sure to check the pH again as well. Underwatering can cause droopy leaves too, so, one thing at a time.

With organic fertilizers I don’t think you’re going to be able to flush them as effectively as salts. I’ve never had to try though so I can’t say from any experience myself.

1 Like

Alll good points thanks for your thoughts on this!

What soil is that u r in. I’d get some calmag water and run some good calmag thru it and get lots of runoff then follow thru with a good feed PhD correct and all. Then leave her be til next watering. I’d keep up with feeding unless it appears to be an issue then throw water only at her. Food is a necessary deal right now for them to bulk up good. Like u and me. If u don’t eat right u won’t gain weight. Myself I’d add 5ml per gallon of water with calmag so if u mix 5 gallons of water do 25ml of calmag stir pH it and water away. Slowly but make sure u get lots of runoff to push out any old stuff from the pot that breaks down with the new water. Good luck.

1 Like