Think I might buy grow tent

I’m thinking about Going All In and buy a Grow tent. Any suggestions? I’d like to buy one that has Everything I need so I won’t have to buy parts one by one…

1 Like

I would highly recommend to purchase all of the items individually. The reason for this is the light is usually awful for efficiency, and intensity.
First off, what size tent are you considering? This will better determine what size light we need to suggest.
Lighting will be the largest part of your budget. Don’t be fooled by the $20 special on amazon.
Horticulture Lighting Group will be the most affordable option for lighting. They’re on amazon also, but they’re not a blurple light.

8 Likes

As far as I know there are no decent ‘package’ setups that are worth a damn.

I’ll tell you straight up that you need to school yourself on lighting. Every light you see for sale that’s ‘blurple’ is a complete waste of money. Seriously. There are tons of us on the forum that can back this up from personal experience (like my own).

Any tent you get make sure is tall enough. That’s one thing easily overlooked. A 5 foot high tent can grow weed but it’s harder to do.

You will need a lot of equipment to be successful at indoor growing: it’s just the way it works, sorry.

8 Likes

I’m with these gentlemen. If you buy a “kit” you’ll end up with substandard components that you will eventually replace anyway due to inferior quality.

Lots of experienced growers here that will answer all of your questions and help you get set up properly.

4 Likes

I recommend buy the tallest tent your space will accommodate. With lights hangers exhaust fan, filter if you need it can eat a lot of space on a small tent. Just my thoughts good luck on your new venture.

1 Like

WoW! I’m probably not going to purchase it then because it’s just me and I’m disabled and can’t do a lot of necessary work involved, plus on a budget. Sigh! But I’m still interested in what it’ll take and need.
I’d like to go with something that’ll grow up to 4 plants so I won’t have to grow but once a year if that’s possible and plausible. I’m growing in a spare room and my whole house reeks to high heaven!! I’m hanging my plants in a spare bathroom as well and that adds to the odor.
My question about grow tent Venting: Do you have to cut a hole in my house? And what about the odor going outside?? I’m in a state that’s Still Illegal, even for possession so I have to be Extremely Discreet.
Any suggestions is much appreciated :slight_smile:

1 Like

P.S. I would like to move from inside my home to my garage

Buy a HLG-260, then be cheap. It will pay for its self.

2 Likes

I would highly recommend using a carbon filter to eliminate all smells. I vent inside the house, and for the most part, unless the tent is open, all smells are absorbed.
3x3 probably would work well for you. Those are pretty common, and affordable to get a light for. You could fit 4 smaller plants in one.
I have a 4x4 for flowering, but that space gets expensive to light starting out.
You could even start out in a 2x2, and the light for that would be HLG 100 kit. This the most affordable light that will grow plenty in a 2x2.
HLG 100 V2 3000K Horticulture Lighting Group Quantum Board LED Grow Light Veg & Bloom | Version 2 High-Efficiency Upgraded LM301B LED’s

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07C59J8L2/?tag=greenrel-20

4 Likes