Think i have a lock out, ph very low

Yeah my pH was 4.8ish and I have no understanding as to how it got that low but as I flushed I added pH up to 8.0 my nutes were reading almost 3000 lol so I just figured I would totally cleanse the soil and start from scratch, the beginning of this grow I had no pH or TDS meter but I have learned just how important these readings are if you want a successful grow and I’m just telling you what I did, rightbor wrongevit worked for me my last three feeding my pH on run off has been between 6.4-6.7 and ppm 1500-1600 I also started using Floralicous but I’ve made so many rooky mistakes it’s really not funny I even dropped an old school heavy Metal Halide hood and ballast on three of my girls when they were seedlings and crushed them good lol White Widow is definitely a good choice for beginning, very forgiving lol

1 Like

Absolutely. Waste salts are a reason for low PH. More likely though is roots dying back in your soil causing decay and a drop in PH as a result. Your plant has too many nute defs to be only in week 6 and your flush may have saved her. Let the plant dry out almost to wilting before water/feed. Nutrient TDS should be down around 1,100 or 1,200 ppm max and a runoff test will tell you if the plant is consuming nutes or standing idle. She is probably shut down from lockouts.

5 Likes

I’m glad you got her squared away :v::green_heart:

1 Like

So maybe you can help me with answering a question ive had for weeks. Before my flush i would always feed every other water. I would ph to 6.5 and when adding nutes i would add the recommended amount. I would test the water after everything was balanced but before i would water and my water was consistently 6.5ph and 800ppm. I would then water and the run off would be between 5.2-5.8 ph and the ppm would be 1600pm. It would confuse me of how thats possible because the soil was flushed every other water and the soil shouldnt have been retaining THAT much extra nutes. Could this have been an indication of problem for weeks? i made another post about that but no one said anything lol.

side note, the recommended amount for 6 weeks is 800ppm for General hydroponics but everywhere else says i should be at 1000-1200ppm. How do i dose that correctly because i just follow the guide and the water test at 800ppm, and should the water be 1000-1200ppm before the feeding or that from the runoff?

1 Like

Thanks for the help, i bought it either way lol i like stuff around just in case. Hopefully this wont happen again.

1 Like

Best thing you can do is tag someone. I’ll get notified if you tag me and will respond as fast as possible.

I just finished a run in Promix with GH Flora series. I ran my veg nutes at between 600 to 800 ppm and went up to 1,000 or so during flower. One plant in a 7 gallon fabric pot was 14 oz of flower for a 4 1/2 month plant.

I’m doing hydro with the same nutes now and sitting at 695 ppm at rez change with a 5 week old plant.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the media didn’t have some retained salts that you were seeing, along with some dying organic material. If the plant has stalled it’s not drinking or consuming nutrients well. Maintaining the ideal environmental conditions (78F/55%RH) with sufficient light and a good watering practice is the best thing you can do.

For this plant you might try a dose of Mykos and allow it to dry out almost completely. This is where a fabric pot would be helpful as those 5 gallon Homers don’t breathe very well at all. When I used them I drilled many 3/4" holes in the bottom and up the sides 3/4 of the way.

My best guess based on what I see is your plant is root bound and unable to process water/nutes well; likely too damp at the roots.

@dbrn32 @Covertgrower @MattyBear @PurpNGold74 @peachfuzz any thoughts?

4 Likes

I have over 25-30 holes drilled through out that bucket, i wanted to make sure it had very good drainage. Also using FFOF soil 75% and perlite the other 25%. I was having some really bad RH problems with it being too humid 60-70% in flower , now im having the issue of it being too dry 30-40% in flower but i figured id rather have low RH than high and risk mold. My temps have been very good and my lighting has been great as well as my watering routine. I transplanted right before putting her into flower and allowed for up to 50% new root growth so id be very surprised if shes root bound. If you have any more questions about my setup go ahead and ask because i really want to know how i can help her and what i can do to prevent this in the future. Thanks for all your help.

edit: 3 days after watering the pot is DRY, and i dont mean that lightly i mean shes like a desert and has little to no moisture at all. Would it be like that if the roots where still damp?

2 Likes

It shouldn’t. Still say it’s a root issue. By mid flower my plants in FFOF would be a solid block of roots. In soil I prefer 10 gallon over 5 for that reason.

3 Likes

so what do i do for that?

2 Likes

Add Mykos. Make sure the plant is drying completely between watering. If not giving the max dose of cal mag then might be good to do that too.

FYI a plant that size should be dry daily IMO.

2 Likes

Im giving max dose of cal mag, and ik this is dumb but by mykos do you mean this?
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HVKKOEE/?tag=greenrel-20

2 Likes

Perfect. Beneficial microbes to help make nutrients available to the plant.

1 Like

You would be surprised. If your plant isn’t consuming what it’s getting it will build up quickly and be difficult to get rid of.

Maybe root mass never really developed?

1 Like

when do i add it and how do i add it because i have that on hand.

1 Like

i transplanted from a 3 gal to the 5 gallon bucket and when i transplanted the root ball was extremely well developed and looked great and healthy, that was end of September.

1 Like

Did you take pictures?

1 Like

I think the root zone is the main issue here. As dbrn32 pointed out pictures will help. We’ll be able to see if it looked rootbound or otherwise.
Excess salt build up, and a different PH at the root zone could be the cause. As Myfriendis410 pointed out, by adding additional beneficial microbes to help balance the root zone out, and might also help flush out some of the excess nutrients.

I know when I did my flush, I flushed with twice the pot size in gallons. I still had a 500 PPM after I ran that much through. Went and got more water. lol.

i dont have pictures from the transplant, but from what i do know it looked very healthy.

my thing is everyones saying a root problem or root bound, how do i fix it and when do i add the mykos because im 6 weeks into flower and want to correct it before its too late. @dbrn32 @Myfriendis410

1 Like

Put the package amount on the soil surface and water it in when you water again. You can broadcast it on to the surface now if you like. Do a little exploratory of your soil/root zone. Take some pictures of the base of your stem?

1 Like