Think I got a deficiency of some kind here. Please help

Hey all,
New member here. Unfortunately I made some rookie mistakes last grow and pretty much ruined that. Now I thought I was doing everything right this go around. I’m a couple weeks in, but now I’m seeing these discoloration spots on some of the leaves. They’re kind of rust colored, brown. Only on the one plant but now I see a spot on another. I’m beyond frustrated.

Main one affected is:
GSC from Nirvana, the other spot is on my ILGM super skunk
growing in FF OF, no nutes yet.
Watering with tap water that I adjust to ph of 6.2-6.5 range, I water every couple days when soil is dry.
18/6 LED light cycle
temp currently 74 degrees F and 60% RH

Please help

3 Likes

First welcome to the community ! If possible fill out the support ticket . Will make it easier to get better feedback. Rusty spots on the leaf usually a sign of needing cal - mag. Also a bigger pot in the near future. Overall plant looks good .

2 Likes

Thank you. Yes, a new pot is upcoming. What do you mean by support ticket?

1 Like

COPY/PASTE the below list into your forum post.

Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so; Or post
NA (non applicable)

• What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed
  • Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF
  • Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, Troths
  • PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)
  • PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable
  • Indoor or Outdoor
  • Light system
  • Temps; Day, Night
  • Humidity; Day, Night
  • Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
  • AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
  • Co2; Yes, No

Always try to upload a clear picture of any issues you may have to allow the community to assist you.

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer should be included. Feel free to elaborate, but short and to the point questions and facts will help us help you in a more efficient manner :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Please be as complete as possible. If soil please tell us WHAT soil. WHAT light etc. It’s all important.

2 Likes

Ok here goes, I answered some of these above but I will repost here:

• What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed: GSC from Nirvana but also super skunk from ILGM
  • Method: Fox Farm Ocean Forest, no nutes yet
  • Vessels: 2 gallon smart pots and a couple one gallon standard plastic pots (will transplant soon)
  • PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable): I’ve been ph’ing my water in the 6.2-6.5 range, no runoff yet because they’re small
  • PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable: Don’t know what this is
  • Indoor or Outdoor: Indoor
  • Light system: 1000w blurple light from amazon. Sunraise I think its called
  • Temps; 73 degrees right now, not sure at night
  • Humidity; 60% right now, not sure at night
  • Ventilation system; Yes- 4" vivosun exhaust fan, small desk fan for circulating air. Flap is open for fresh air.
  • AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,: In basement with dehumidifier running
  • Co2; Yes, No: No
1 Like

1 Like

Personally I would repot water in Ph adjusted with cal-mag watch the new growth. Also when you do water to run off I would check the pH. The last time I used ocean Forest my runoffs was a little too low on ph I had to adjust my pH Up by Side dressing with a little bit of dolomite lime.

1 Like

Thanks, I really appreciate it. I just ordered some cal-mag. It’s ok to give it that next watering? I thought OF was hot soil and didn’t need nutes for awhile. What would be the reason for the deficiency and is it calcium, magnesium, or both?

2 Likes

It would be both calcium and magnesium. Ocean Forest usually carries you up to flower time without adding any nutes. I use about 5 ml per gal.on water only day. Let’s tag in another Community member and get a second opinion @Hellraiser

1 Like

Right. Thats my point. I’ve only been vegging for about two weeks

1 Like

good to see another dead head in here

3 Likes

How close is your light to the plants?

It does look like Mg def but lets rule out light burn as well.

Is this your light?

https://www.amazon.com/Spectrum-Indoor-Plants-SUNRAISE-Triple-Chips/dp/B07KR2S65L/?tag=greenrel-20

“Real Power:165±3%W”

This light has lenses which can concentrate the output from a single diode and cause burn issues or light bleaching if too close to plant.

Also; think about your grow and decide if 165 watts of blurple is going to be enough to flower your plant: I’m gonna guess no.

3 Likes

Yes could be more than one issue, seems like lack of Mg, which can happen even with a hot soil and if using RO or distilled water but if light is too close, if can also be causing damage like that, how high is the light above the plants?

2 Likes

Hell yeah!

Thank you. Sorry for late reply. Why is my post limit capped as a new user??? Really stupid.
Anyway, yes that is my light. Currently 14 inches away from plants. Why would that light not be sufficient? 1000 watts in a 2x2x4 tent? I have a 3x3x5 tent also with a SF2000 as well that I will using once I transplant into 5 gallon smart pots. I kind of got greedy here with 8 ladies so I have another tent on the way. I will wait for my cal-mag to come in the mail to see if that fixes it.

Hey.
Yeah light is 14 in from plants. If it’s mag issue will cal mag help or just use Epsom salts?

This is to eliminate ‘spam bots’ and prove you are a real live breathing 98.6F human. Once you read some posts and post yourself the trust level will go up and you can post. Annoying but not stupid.

It’s a 165 watt light; not 1,000. They are flat out lying to you. If you use this type of light, use the metric of 50 plug watts per square foot. If you have high end LED’s you use a much different metric. µmol/j/m2, PPFD, CRI etc.

Use cal mag. Damaged leaves will never recover: look to new growth for improvement.

2 Likes

Thanks for explaining the post rules. I wasn’t aware.

Ok so cal mag it is.

Still kinda confused about the light. So I need *another * light in that small tent? Don’t think it will fit. Any thoughts on that spider farmer sf2000?

Realizing how much I really don’t know about the craft.

2 Likes

Join the club haha.

I don’t have any experience with the Spyder Farmer, sorry.

Your light is almost enough for the space and I would just run it out now with what you have. You may want to think about an upgrade for the next grow. We’ve most of us used these lights in the past and some grew pretty good weed. They’re more expensive to run and my main complaint is the outright lying that goes on through Amazon and Ebay. If they were honest it probably wouldn’t matter in sales but at least the buyer isn’t being misled.

Do some research and look around here. This thread is pretty good:

You can get some ideas there.

1 Like

Just an update. Transplanted this lady into a 5 gallon smart pot with a mixture of promix MP organik and perlite over the weekend (I’m all out of FFOF and local place is too). Tried cal mag at only half a teaspoon out of an abundance of caution. New growth today with discolored tips. All other plants look ok.