I’ve been keeping and adding to a little list I have of things I learned (should say re-learned from ages ago) about indoor growing. Again, these are just some notes as there are tons of “how-to” guides.
I’m posting this is because I see a lot of beginners missing things I noted as important when I started. Maybe someone will see this and it’ll help.
All this info is readily available on this forum and things like temp and humidity are what I followed. Doesn’t mean it’s perfect I’ll update as I progress thru the rest of this grow. Harvest notes will be added.
Before planting a seed:
• Be prepared! Research and read everything you can.
• Run your set-up for a few days checking temp and humidity
• Have your lights sized correctly and available
o 25-50 watts per square foot of ACTUAL POWER DRAW
• Have a PH meter and PH +/-! This is a MUST!
Taking care of plants:
• Start in “cool” soil (no nutrients), seedlings are delicate.
• PH YOUR WATER (every watering)! Very important!
• Using distilled, pure or spring water doesn’t mean you have the right PH, CHECK!
• Use a spray bottle to water seedlings, they don’t need much.
• Wait for round starter leaves to yellow or fall off before even thinking about nutrients.
• Don’t use soils that contain fertilizer (like Miracle Grow)
• Don’t over water
• Don’t over-love your plants. Let them grow.
o Seedlings 75%-80%
o Veg 50%-60%
o Flower 35%-40%
• Temps around 75F keeping within 10 degrees for “night”
• Start lights high ~36” to start and work down per MFG suggested height
• Vent OUT from the top and IN from the bottom of the room.
• Start nutrients LOW (25% and work up)
• Light schedule (18/6 for Veg and 12/12 for Flower)