Thin stems of Outdoor Auto in Coco/Perlite

Hi all, first time hydro, growing outdoor an AUTO in coco/perlite, pics are from day 20. Seeds germinated in Jiffy. Feeding WATER/CLMG/VEG-NUTES once every day. Are those stems reasonable for a 20 day auto in coco?

2 Likes

Youve got very pretty girls! If you are in final home they willl be fine but you may have to give the stem some propping up. If youre not in forever home i would bury stem deeper. They get top heavy.

3 Likes

I would transplant them into their final pots sooner then later. Autos can be extremely finicky when it comes to that. I think the plants(and stems) look great. If you want to harden off your branches and strengthen them then I would look into giving them some Armour Si aka Silica. You can find it on Amazon for 20 or 30 bucks but it works great for your roots and the structure/strength of the branches.

3 Likes

I start my autos in solo cups so roots grow faster. Then once they out grow the cup I put them in 5-7 gallon pots. If done correctly, no shock will happen and you will end up with a good sized plant

4 Likes

I see wet soil and a fan (even outside) will help strengthen the stems.

FYI you are in soilless, not hydro.

4 Likes

Give then a day in between waterings they are to wet also like @Myfriendis410 said u should put a small fan on them get them stems bigger

2 Likes

Update: repotted into 5 galon pots. Seen great roots all over the root ball, and coverred with Myco before potting. Those Jiffys really worked. Thanks for all your help guys.