So, I got everything to test potency using thin layer chromatography.
Here’s what I found so far. Buying a kit is nice because everything is there and ready.
Now that I understand the process I would buy most of the stuff separate so I could buy
some better quality pieces. Also, I ended up buying a pipette to dispense 1-5ml of liquid
instead of using the syringe that came with the kit. The kit came with a .5-10ul pipette
but there is also a need for the larger one.
I ran 8 tests. When I ran the test I took the all samples from different buds.
The test were 4 on my Northern Lights and 4 on Purple Kush. This flower was grown this
summer and harvested early due to WPM and other issues so I knew the potency would be low.
(It still makes awesome edibles!)
The 4 Northern Lights all tested between 8 - 10 percent. 1 tested at 8 and the other all
tested just under 10.
The 4 Purple Kush all tested between 9 - 10 percent.
I will be doing a blind test on 2 dispensary strains next week. Neighbor will get them and
put samples in bags for me. I will then compare my results to the dispensary.
I will be learning how to test tincture and edibles after that.