They say aeroponics isn't for beginners

1 Like

More the latter, there are definitely higher performing lights available for less money.

Using dli method it is small end for flowering. If you ever needed to run separate spaces it should work great as a veg light.

They are overplaying the lights capabilities. The Phytomax 1000 has about the same ppf of a 1000 watt hps bulb. Chillled tech has independent integrated sphere results posted on their web page from both. Your 600 is more than enough, probably too big as you have identified.

1 Like

What are your spray intervals?

Solid reply thank you @dbrn32

Good question @Covertgrower
What is ideal?
@Jstar??

Jstar used low pressure aeroponics, his set up will have longer run times.

What’s considered high and low pressure?
Sorry I don’t know I should be researching =p

High pressure is typically above at or above 80 psi, which is about the minimum pressure to get the 20 to 50 micron sized droplets.

2 Likes

5 seconds on…320 seconds off

Thanks for the perspective drbrn! I might see how the buds ripen up and Ima consider moving in the big light.

1 Like

My system runs 80 to 100 psi and I assume the microns are close to that ?? There are four nozzles in each chamber and it makes a fine mist. The root chambers sit on a stand that is slanted forward for drainage, and it only pools up tiny bit by the bulkheads.

1 Like

@Covertgrower is correct. My low pressure system runs 90 minutes on,30 minutes off. Totally different run times.

2 Likes

See we are learning.

1 Like

Just different kinds of hydroponics I suppose. How many gallons in your system Jstar?

1 Like

My single tote system has about 7-8 gallons, the larger 2 box and a Rez system uses about 15 gallons, but I need to top it off with about 5 gallons a week. The single tote was only about a gallon a week.

3 Likes

Mine only holds 8 at a time. I’ve been mixing up enough solution for 16 gallons and keeping the surplus in the fridge. I top it off every other day now because they currently drink 1 and 1/2 a day. My probe chiller would be uncovered inside the tank and fail in me if it got too low so I keep it filled up. I have to flip some ball valves and my motor has a drain route so I just pump out the old nutes when I do a full change.

1 Like

I got some good camera advice earlier and took some clearer pics of my res.

2 Likes

I can deff tell did some homework. If not one hell of a wing job lol. This setup is definitely above me. Doing some homework now. But I like it !

1 Like

Thanks man, I wouldn’t say a wing job, but it’s my first attempt to build any growing device so we will see. I would like to get pics inside the root chambers but that’s not likely any time soon. I might hafta rearrange the tent so I can access them in the future?

Do you have any metal components? I am working back from the philosophy that stainless steel is the only metal that can be anywhere your aero or hydro builds so I have all stainless steel screws (which I didn’'t realize were a special order thing?) and stainless steel nozzles .3mm if I recall. I have seen people with brass running throughout but I had a bad feeling about using brass nozzles.

Which is the other acceptable metal that won’t corrode or react. Galvanized steel is definitely a no. The galvanized surface plays hell from ph, and other things. I’ve seen some people use it hydro I know not to from them. Lol.

Do you ever check the ph of the run off?

1 Like

I never have. I know people who grow in soil test their runoff, but I didn’t think about checking the stuff coming out the the root boxes before it mixed back into the rez. I guess I could gather up some of the recirculating drainage in a beaker. I don’t know if the solution ph equals the root chamber ph perhaps that could give me some insight. The Rez ph hold solid at 5.8 to 6.1 and doesn’t fluctuate much. I still check the ph every other day, but I have been able to relax about ph anxiety and it’s been awesome.