These spots calcium deficiency?

Hello all how are you just to give you a little update my two plants are growing is a Jack herer and strawberry cheesecake both autoflower. They are in their four and a half week from seed and I just hit them with the tiger bloom today 1/2 dose and I hit them with a half dose of Cal mag yesterday. Please see pics I’m guessing it’s calcium deficiency…

1 Like

maybe you splashed a bit of water while feeding. this could cause spots.

1 Like

It certainly looks like a the rust freckles associated with a Ca deficiency, need a ton more information to say Yep, but Yep.

2 Likes

leaves seem to be pretty dark or its just me

1 Like

And High N(nitrates)can impede Ca uptake.

Check your nutes for a component " Ammonium Nitrate".

Cal/Nitrate is typically pretty balanced %.

2 Likes

There are some more pictures. They’re in Fox farm mix 2 to 1 ratio of fox farm frog and ocean Forest. There’s more frog than there is ocean ForestPlanted them February 20th seeds right into the container. This was the first time I fed them was today half a dose of tiger bloom it’s been four and a half weeks roughly. Here are more pictures the one on the left is the one on the right is a jack hareer sativa.

2 Likes

I do mist them with some water.

Generally look great and bushy, might just be old damage, as it doesn’t go away. Keep an eye on it to show up on some of that new growth.

Edit**
I would not do anything different after seeing those updated pics, keep your Ph in range and keep it up.

3 Likes

Ur plant looks very deep green which normally indicates to much nitrogen i could be wrong but it does look like the start of calcium def

2 Likes

Agree with @Pet_de_Chien and would add with using the FF nutes to go 1/2 dose add calmag and feed to at least 20% run off every feeding to expel those unused salts and minerals. This will prevent those from accumulating in the root zone locking out nutrient uptake :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

I am a first timer… Do you think 1/4 dose big bloom added to 1/2 dose of tiger bloom is ok ?? These are autos Strawberry cheesecake (left pic) and Jack Hearer. (Right Pic) 4.5 weeks old from seed.

1 Like

Fox farm always seems to need cal mag to me.
I use cal mag plus iron. Going to switch to just natural organics and see how that works.

2 Likes

Yes that’s a good start and idea. I used the FF nutrients on my 1st grow and switched after that to Jacks 321 and Jacks for tap. Do you have a TDS and PH pen to test your run off and nutrient solution? :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

Yes my runoff was 985 when I tested it I waited a couple of days and that’s when I started the nuwts I do not have a pH meter but I have pH strips my water from the top is 6.8 kind of lucky there.

1 Like

Personally I wouldn’t use the test strips. It’s hard to determine an accurate PH :love_you_gesture:

Ph of the tap water doesn’t really matter. You’re interested in the Ph of the nute solution before it goes to the plants. After adding FF nutes it drops pretty dramatically in some cases.
You want to do your nute mix then adjust Ph, because you’ll HAVE to, and then add any microbes or “living” amendments you use then feed the plants.
The microbes won’t effect Ph of the soultion but can be affected by the Ph up and Ph down used to adjust the solution so it’s just best to add them afterwards.
While we’re on it, if you’re using silica or CalMag they should be added to the water first before the other nutes.

Could be a slight calcium deficiency. As mentioned FF is notoriously low in calcium content.

Best of Luck to you!!

*Calcium is best absorbed between 6.2 and 6.5. That’s the sweet spot for that particular ion.

1 Like

Thank you very much for the information yes I do add the Cal mag first. I will order a pH tester.

Big bloom is only 0 - 0.5 -0.7. It is hard to do any damage with Big Bloom. During veg you should be using Grow Big. It packs a wallop so take it easy with it until the soil is more depleted. Tiger Bloom is added during bloom / flower.
this is part of the USA soil feeding schedule

2 Likes

They are starting to bloom right now.

2 Likes

My pH is around 5.96 with the nutes in it.

1 Like