These Lolipops taste like crap!

Hey Everyone, Thank you for your help.
I have a successful hard candy now.

I decided to go simple since… fancy did not work for me. Lol, but I am coming back to solve the sour lemon puzzle. For now I went with Root Beer.

1 cup sugar
1/2 cup corn syrup
1/4 cup filtered water
1/2 Tablespoon Root Beer extract
1 1/2 oz. Cannabis Tincture (evaporated to 1/2 oz)

Put sugars and water in a quality saucepan over medium high heat. Insert Candy thermometer. Bring to 300° and remove from heat. Wait until cooled to 260°. Then mix in Root beer extract and Tincture.
Poured into lolipop molds.

My candy is delicious now… now to dial in the dosage.:grin:

5 Likes

looks like you left out the flavoring :slight_smile: …i learned the same way. check out “get suckered” brand they are local here in las vegas and i love their flavors. my gummy candy turns out amazing using blue hawaii and skittles flavoring…EDIT:
never mind im late to the party …as usual lol

1 Like

essentially the only reason you are using citric acid is so that you do not need lemon that may be your upset because lemon extract is already loaded…im still smurfin around trying to find a way to help lol

Thank you. I haven’t tried lemon again. I will get back to it. I am using Root beer flavor to dial in the candy. I think its going well. Candy is now delicious and the dose seems to be near correct.

1 Like

It’s bc you used tincture. Gotta purge off all the ethanol before cooking with cannabis tincture. Sometimes, edibles can also taste rough bc there’s too much chlorophyll in the extract.

2 Likes

Hi, Thank you very much. I’ve come a long way since September. The lolipops are really good now. I honestly believe there was a combination of bad moves that led to my disaster.
Gummies are developed!! Really good too.
My next project, I’m trying to create a root beer float lolipop… I think I have the magic figured out now but I am having trouble getting ethanol right now. California… ugh