These Are poping up everyday

Not a clue yet just order my meter a few days ago

I differ here. I see no need to water till run off in nutrient filled soil. Seems to me you are washing out the nutrients. How old are these that your already giving them nutes and in FFOF as well. That seems pretty hot?

2 Likes

You’re locking out and have pH issues that low.

I’d top dress with some gardeners lime. Then I’d do a flush with properly pH’d water. Since your runoff is pH 5, I’d start out with a good 8-10gallons @pH 6.8. Let it sit an hour, pour another quart through and measure pH.
Let us know how that goes.

Ideally your soil pH would be at 6.5.

5 Likes

Fox farm nutes build up salts in the soil. Watering til runoff helps wash them out.

3 Likes

What salts? The nutrients already in there or nutes being added?

1 Like

Salt buildup from added nutes.

That’s why following fox farm’s flush schedule is so important.

3 Likes

I never have to add nutrients to my dirt based medium so I suppose that’s the difference.

1 Like

@Drinkslinger good call on runoff. Problem solved!

1 Like

In my experience of ffof I don’t add nutes until 3-4 weeks in.

1 Like

If you’re growing in living/super soil it’s best not to water until runoff. You’re correct there.
Ocean forest with fox farms nutes is not alive.

4 Likes

Ha, we’ll see.
:+1:

2 Likes

Between the ph runoff being crazy low and distilled water possibly leaching and maybe just mayyybbeee adding nutes a little too early I feel these plants will be fixed in no time! A good flush and water switch🤙

1 Like

That one is one month and three days old since first leave. I gave nutrients for the first time end of the third week. (technically were already a month in the soil) she took a week to sprout.

Scared to flush. is my first time. I just put it under the faucet or what :face_with_raised_eyebrow::man_facepalming:t4:

Retarder beacuase the water from the faucet phd at 7.5 :man_facepalming:t4::man_facepalming:t4: Wow this is gunna take some work :hot_face:

1 Like

Couldn’t get better instructions then what @Drinkslinger said! Best of luck and keep us updated!

2 Likes

Do you have any large buckets, or containers? You’ll want to fill them with tap water and let sit out at least overnight.

Slowly pour the water into the soil a quart at a time. Add water, let sit a few minutes, add water, let sit, etc. It takes a while. I’d put the plant in the tub or sink All that water will have to drain somewhere.

Since your tap pH is at 7.5 it won’t take a tremendous amount to drop it to 6.8.

3 Likes

Calcium is a non mobile nutrient in cannabis . If your new growth is healthy I’m betting you have a magnesium deficiency. Make sure your ph is in range and add some Epsom salt

2 Likes

No large containers but just scraped up 7 1gallon containers. :ok_hand:t4: Just filled them, will let them sit as u said ph em tmwr and begin flushing Thanks for the help :pray:t4:

1 Like

Also. Ocean forest is really nutrient rich right out of the bag. One seldom needs to add nutes, (other than calcium or magnesium) before the end of month 2. Just for future reference.

I did get a batch of low pH ocean forest a few months back. I don’t measure immediately, but after a month of normal growing my soil pH began dropping below 6.0. Good thing I monitor runoff and got it before anything bad could happen.

2 Likes

Will definitely start later in the life cycle next time around. Might avoid all this…

@Drinkslinger Soil Doctor Organic Pulverized Garden Lime 1000 sq ft 40 lb - Ace Hardware

Will this do the job