These Are poping up everyday

Its only coming out on the big fan leaves (not on new growth)
A month old
Every other watering with nutes
30ml big bloom
8ml grow big
2ml cal-mag
Using distilled water
Every other watering wit plain distilled and 3ml cal mag @Daves.not.here @repins12 @blackthumbbetty @Reticence

1 Like

I know this sounds weird because you’re using cal mag but this looks to me like a calcium deficiency… distilled water is funny. I have heard of it leaching calcium and magnesium from nutrients and even from the plants… I highly doubt any affected leaves will recover so you might want to snip them. What’s your tap water’s ph and ppm like? Is there a reason you chose to use distilled water?

5 Likes

@TDubWilly, @Not2SureYet, @dbrn32 any thoughts on this?

3 Likes

Chose distilled cause my tap is about 7.5

1 Like

You’re in soil right? You’re better off using your tap water and buying a bottle of ph down to get it to around 6.3 for watering and feeds. I can remember the ph of distilled water but it might still be too high and causing a lockout aswell…

3 Likes

The leaves do look like middle to late stages of calcium deficiency.

3 Likes

Mine Usually comes in about 6.5-6.6

in my opinion I still would switch to tap water and ph down. The only time I’ll use distilled water is for flushing. If you continue using distilled you are potentially putting yourself in danger of eventually losing the plants

3 Likes

1 Like

Just fed yesterday. Will be switching for next feeding thanks man :muscle:t4::pray:t4:

I might as well cut the damage ones off right ?

2 Likes

That’s perfect for dirt. Cut them leaves off if they are covering anything below and switch to tap water if it’s running 6.5-6.6 ish

1 Like

Ya cut them off, plants will use a lot of energy to try and repair damaged leaves which will never actually repair. It can take away from growth.

2 Likes

What is the pH of your water/nutes just before using them?
What is the pH of your runoff?

1 Like

What if there not covering anything below should i leave them. Will it spread :face_with_monocle:

@420j0hn Yes it’s best to remove bad leaves. This goes for growing whatever from veggies, fruits and even marijuana. Always and I mean always remove bad leaves.

2 Likes

I would personally cut them off. But it’s your choice really. If you do cut them cut close as possible to the stem.

2 Likes

6.1-6.4 going in
run off about 5.0

What soil?
Any idea about runoff ppm?

1 Like

Fox farm ocean forest