These are my ladies

I’m already down one plant because a sticky fly trap paper fell into the pot and adhered irreparably to the plant LOL! I decided 4 might even be too much for my light which I realize now is a little dinky…(VS 1000) so I added a little clip on light which really seems to have increased the coverage area a little.
I was stalking this website for a few weeks and decided to finally make an account.

The Details:
4 random seeds I was gifted from a friend, allegedly fem autos (he thinks)
I got a tent kit from Amazon from vivosun, prior to reading more so Im sticking to what I have now lol
I put them in a 50/50 mix of FFHF/FFOF and dont have any way to water them other than Brita pitcher for now.
I got the FF bottled trio of nutrients, kind of scared of that for now but I’ll keep reading more.
I dont have any further money to invest in this little project for now but would love to hear if you have any advice for equipment I NEED to get to have a better outcome and I can try.
Not looking to do anything but experiment this run, but I thought I would put my baseline out there and so if you interact with me on here you can see what Im working with.

Thanks for reading and for any tips!

6 Likes

Welcome aboard. Looks good…just a little more light. Common thread. It IS the heart amd soul of the grow.

4 Likes

Assuming you have a smartphone download photone and start with a dli~ 12. Your water is probably overly base( p.s. just use tap water left in a open lid gallon jug for at least 12 hours befor use to declorinate) i definitely reccomend getting a ph meter but anything cheaper then an apera(35$ish) is literally throwing away your money with how innacurate they are. So until then at least throw a tablespoon of any vinegar per gallon of water( 1/2 TBSP with nutrients added). 3 sprays twice a day for week 1 then full saturations every 3-4 days. Dont use nutrients until about 5-6 weeks in with ffof. Good luck

4 Likes

Oh and these are a superior fly paper since you can line the perimeter of a 4x4 with 1 pack to also catch land based bugs too( also very effective vs nats

2 Likes

Must haves?

Apera 20 - about $50 but that digital pH pen saved my grow career.

Cheap tds/ec/ppm pen - $10. Not as important but still helpful.

Some type of training wire - also extremely helpful but not necessary

Better lighting - extremely expensive, possibly ur highest upfront expense when growing but singlehandedly the biggest diff between an ok grow and an excellent one. HLG is my go to recommendation light wise. Find the space you want to light up and shop according to that, not plant counts.

To enjoy the grow - this hobby is therapeutic to me but didnt start that way. Its information overload in the beginning and sooo many ways to crack an egg it isnt funny. Take a deep breathe, find someone likeminded and styled. And demand they take u under their wing! Haha I kid, but seriously, find ONE OR TWO good people and milk their brains. Tons of very skilld folks around here. Shouldnt be tough

8 Likes

Just to expand on what others have said, lighting is everything. Here is the recommendations for dli/ppfd. If your light will do this on full power, that’s good. If not, start looking at lights. I just bought a refurbished hlg 350r. It’s a beast for a 2x4 tent. Also heat/environment is always a challenge. You have to control that. So, don’t over water, don’t over feed, get proper lighting, and manage the environment, and you’re well on your way.

2 Likes

I’ve heard of weird things killing plants, but that’s the first one I’ve ever heard of being killed by a sticky fly trap.

Sorry for laughing, but that is absolutely hilarious! But I can just imagine the destruction and carnage one of those nasty sticky things would do to a seedling! :crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face::joy::joy:

3 Likes

Couldn’t be put any better. Find your Tribe.

1 Like

I have one of these in my Veg tent. The young ones love it.

1 Like

Remote temp sensor and ventilation.

Been there. So funny – but it hurts so bad. Your plants look great. Here’s to a great grow.

BTW – forget the nutes until at least week 4. Your soil can easily get them to that point.

2 Likes

EveryBUDY IS DIFFERENT northern lights

7 Likes

@Duggiewuggie plumpness

1 Like

Beautiful colours !!! Love northern lights!

2 Likes

Welcome to the community. Purps has you covered. :+1:

2 Likes

I did my first LST! Does it look ok?

2 Likes

Yeahhh nothing wrong with that at all :relaxed:

2 Likes

@Icarus what is your end vision with what you’ve done? Are you planning to slowly pull it down sideways or are you in your final position?

1 Like

Soon she’ll look like this little menace

3 Likes

They look great! Just keep up with the new off shoots that come out and it’ll be a bush in no time :grin:

Before

After

4 Likes