Theres a fox in the hen house

Inspecting one of my she hulks clones that is closest to being ready. And i found 2 easter eggs on her this morning at the very tip of 2 of her colas. There hasnt been male plant in my grow room for over 6 months, but somehow this girl decided to carry on and give a couple seeds. My question is, will these be viable seeds?

These are the sites i found them in. They were all but ready to drop.

3 Likes

They will almost certainly grow. The pollen was probably from a herm flower somewhere so it will carry a stronger than desired possibility of being a hermaphrodite too. If you have the time and can risk the possibility of of them developing hermie traits then you might try. I had a few bananas on my current grow that I just chopped. I expect I might find a seed or two, but they were done flowering 3 weeks ago and I let them continue to ripen. There were few if any white pistils to pollinate at that point.

5 Likes

With that being said i found a third seed. But cant find anymore. This plant is only a couple weeks from beimg done by my calendar. Ill save the seeds for a day i might want to try and bring this strain back.

3 Likes

It’s not uncommon for a female plant to produce a few seeds.

4 Likes

I know thats a fact. Its how i got into growing. Found some seeds in some really good pot i had gotten.

1 Like

Is it just me, or does this plant look like she is revegging? That maybe the cause of self pollenation.

Any way some lights could be on during lights off hours? Maybe you peeking in the tent, a timer malfunction, possibly a power light from some other source?

If so, that could be what triggered it

1 Like

This plants mom did the same thing before it finished. Like a last burst of growth. Timers are all good and dialed in. And i never open the tent during lights out. Im thinking it may just be a trait of this particular strain

1 Like

Very possible. Just kinda stood out. Could just be a pheno trait like you said… or a geno trait :rofl:

She def looks like reveg may have occurred from the pics she has a few smooth edge leaves. I don’t wanna say for sure but it appears so

1 Like

The only real change was it went under a different light in the new big tent a couple weeks ago. Could this be causing it?

It is the runt of the tent. Both clones taken from it have out grown it by far.

2 Likes

Only if its not going off at night. Maybe a bit too strong for it, but if the light hours are straight, then it shouldnt

If anything its par is low according to my photone app. Its range is sittong at 485 - 550

2 Likes

Are you using the correct setting for you light design? I found the readings hugely misleading if it isn’t set to the correct bulb. Any of the light measurement settings I’ve needed had to be purchased in-app

1 Like

I found a couple almost dead looking buds. One hallway up ome of the tall colas, and one lower tip. So i decided to rearrange the 5by5 amd quarantine the plant in question for a few weeks. Which is at best all it can have left in it.

1 Like

It looks like there are tons of reddish brown hairs on her how long has she been flowering?

Looks like its first sign of flowering was the end of September

Thats the picture from end of September? If so, she may just be done. Thats about 3 months and in that picture she looks a couple of weeks into flower

1 Like

She is just now starting to look frosty. Hopefully any time. Its mom went 14 weeks before the tricomes turned milky even. Is it possible the strain craves more light then some, and would make a better outdoor plant? If so i may save the seeds for a secret garden come spring.

1 Like

That is definitely possible. Most plants that crave more light tend to get lanky in stretch and eat like pigs. If uve never been able to overfeed her, its possible more light would help mature faster and better

2 Likes

Sounds like this girl. Thats why i named it she hulk. Feed and feed she always hungry and keeps getting bigger and bigger.

2 Likes