TheBadHaggis grow journal #1

10/2

Not what I wanted to see this morning. Haven’t been able to check on plants for 4 day, sprained my ankle and couldn’t get downstairs. Wife has been watering but didn’t know anything was wrong :persevere:
Made it down this morning and Purple punch #1 has gone Very yellow.

Did a slurry test on the soil

I’m thinking nitrogen deficiency maybe? Last feeding was gia green 2-8-4 on 10/18. I’ve since seen people add worm castings with their amendments. Didn’t think they needed as much nitrogen in flower?

I added 1 cup worm castings(per 7 gallon pot) in all 5 plants. Noticed very minor yellowing on some leaves on other plants. Purple punch #1 seems to react 1st to anything.

1 Like

@OGIncognito need some advice brother on the above issue, hope the plant isn’t F’d

1 Like

Agree with you on her being hungry. Probably needs a good feeding of of your base NPK plus some calmag. Easier to feed a deficiency than correct a PH or toxicity issue. 6.8 on the PH is at the top of the range, I would suggest adjusting this to 6.2 for the next watering :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

@OGIncognito So I have a 4-4-4 or a 2-8-4, which would you feed? I run the 444 in veg and the 284 is for flower. Just did the recommended feeding of 1tbs/gallon soil 2 weeks ago of the 284. Says to feed 1x/month.
I never used calmag but had it sitting here incase lol. Added it for the 1st time to this mornings watering.
So with the ph, I think I’ve been around 6.8 the entire grow. I use ro water so how would I get the 6.2 you recommended?

Thank you brother, this grow owes you haha

1 Like

The potassium represented by the 8 is a good ratio for bloom. Maybe bump the dosage up by 1/2. Some get a little more hungry in mid flower? Are you in weeks 6-8ish? The calmag maybe enough to PH the RO water?? Wish I was better help on the water but I’m a straight tap water dude :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

Flipped them to flower sept 27th so just over 5 weeks. I’ll do another feeding tomorrow of the 284. I may have just misunderstood the feeding. I fed them a couple days before flipping. I thought I was only supposed to feed them 1x more(which I did on the 18th of october) so looks like I needed a feeding just before flip and 2x more in flower.
I’ll test out the calmag/ro water to see what the ph is tomorrow. I don’t want to ise ph up or down though right? Bad for the microorganisms in the soil right?

Other girls are looking good though

1 Like

Just fed her the 284, why wait until tomorrow right?? Poor things hungry lol. That should be the last feeding before harvest right @OGIncognito

1 Like

What week in flower? Post some up close bud shots :love_you_gesture:

@OGIncognito week 5 of flower.

1 Like

2 Likes

Sweet looking buds Brother! Solid 4 weeks left would be my estimate :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

Thank you, that’s all from the plant that went yellow. Hopefully got that yellowing under control!

11/13

Begining week 7 of flower
Purple punch #1 starting to get amber tricombs. Most of them on leaves. Getting close??

1 Like

1 Like

10/15

Week 7 of flower

1 Like

11/19

1 Like

11/21

2 Likes

2 Likes