The Yoghurt Chronicles

Welcome back, you’re in @Matt_auto.Did you get your equipment problems figured out? Hope so! Beste wensen en goede kweken in 2017!

2 Likes

Thank you! Hope we all can get something out of this.

2 Likes

Captains Log Stardate 9117
Week one
Day three
The girls enjoying their first day in the sun, rather, lamp. Long Tall Sally seems a bit top heavy with that seed husk on her head so i propped her up a bit, SH(Y) is just peeking over the top of her little bed. The lamp (85W blue green CFL) is 40cm. (about 15 3/4") from the plants, cabinet temp is around 23°C (73.4°F). That’s it for now.

6 Likes

How we doing bro is shy up and out yet
Just wondering this is the slow part of the grow :sleeping::sleeping::sleeping::sleeping::sleeping:

Captains Log Stardate 13117
Week 2
Day 8

Indeed, @Countryboyjvd1971, VERY slow part of the grow! But we can’t rush Mother Nature, we can only help her or hinder her.

3 Likes

I’m beamed in on this experiment of yours @DieHigh55 my they live long and prosper. :v:

3 Likes

Ageeed sir glad to see she’s out

1 Like

Just out of curiosity…I have this drip watering thingie for “automatic” watering. Would it be beneficial to fill it with vinegar and have it drip occasionally into a dish of baking soda for a POOF of CO2, or is that unnecessary, especially with a fan blowing in the box? Any ideas?

4 Likes

I found this is a very good idea :wink::innocent::+1::ok_hand:

1 Like

Ok, thanks!..any more input?

I think it would work
Can you adjust drip speed ?
Fan will help move co2 around since it heavier than air it would just pool up on tent floor with out one :v:

2 Likes

Yep, wonder how many drips per minute it would need to be effective.

1 Like

i stoped with the co2 stuff my self I don’t seem to need it I do have a fresh air intake from the outside coming into my grow room so I’m guessing that’s enough for my needs girls didn’t seem to notice I stopped it lol :joy:

Yeah, maybe it’s completely unnecessary. I open the cabinets to “check” on the girls so often during the day and with fans blowing there certainly is no lack of air movement.

1 Like

I love the idea though and if you can dial it in it may work out great for you just
Be careful it could get messy lol

I’m messy enough, don’t need to add to it! ':grin:

3 Likes

One way to don’t get messy is to put the baking soda in a water tight container with a couple of drill hole on the lid :wink: And you can put a towel beneath the container , if, accidently the reaction overflow :wink::innocent:, Ô ! And a rate between 5 and 10 drops a minute is enough :innocent:

3 Likes

I bet you could really squeeze the most out of your dripper, with only 1-2 drops per minute. :+1::grin:

2 Likes

Ok , I’ll try to MacGyver something and give it a try. Nothing is too good for the girls!:+1:

3 Likes

So how things going over here @DieHigh55
Whats happening with the girls