The Yoghurt Chronicles

These are the Yoghurt Chronicles. Its several week mission: to explore strange, new uses for yoghurt in aiding plant growth, to seek out new microbiotic life, to boldly grow as no one has grown before!
(Star Trek theme song playing in the background)
Captains Log Stardate 6117
Week one
Day one
Welcome, fellow travelers! Today the first of 2 Strawberry Haze seeds sprouted with a nice tap root. The other seed is swollen and hopefully will pop during the day. Sprouting room daytime temp = 21°C/ 70°F. The seeds are presently in the “incubator” (an upside plastic storage box), once they stick their little faces into the light, I’ll move them into the “nursery” box under an 85W blue green CFL. If during this trip anyone has anything to add…comments, suggestions, kind words, criticisms (but be nice), please feel free. We are all here to learn and share our knowledge. So lets sit back and enjoy the ride! @Countryboyjvd1971,@FloridaSon, @dibbz, @Oldstoner, @BIGE, @Niala
If anyone else would like to follow and be tagged, please don’t hesitate to say so. All are welcome.

10 Likes

Woohoo here we go
Nice thanks for tagging me @DieHigh55
I’ll be following this thread I’m excited to see what happens brother :nerd_face::nerd_face::nerd_face:

1 Like

Good growing may you harvest :deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree:bigens

1 Like

I am a Star Trek fan and boldly go to follow your exploration!!

1 Like

Me too, last time I tried doing anything scientifically was…:confused:

1 Like

Now, do I have to keep tagging everybody everytime I post? Or is one time enough? Duh!

1 Like

I am tracking so no need to tag me🤘

1 Like

I think one time is enough depending on their settings
I have mine to auto follow threads I read so once I read a thread it automatically lets me know when you post
I think it’s a default setting I tweaked mine a little lol

2 Likes

Cool! Not a real expert at these forum thingies.:wink:

2 Likes

Me either lol still can’t copy and paste
Been shown how to do it
been told how todo it
Still can’t do it lmao :frowning:️:thinking::poop:

3 Likes

LOL! Know the feeling, bro, its like, come ON, there have to be a FEW functioning brain cells left! Worst part is asking my wife to show me how to do things on the computer that are like…oh…yeah…right…simple…:rage:

3 Likes

Lmao my wife gave up on me :flushed:
I’ve resorted to taking snap shot with my phone and posting them

3 Likes

The reference to Star-Trek is so hilarious , imao :joy::wink::innocent: I’m actually a big fan and have followed and seen each films and each series , thanks for the moment :innocent:

4 Likes

I’m curious to see how yogurt works out since part of me is going mildew mold and smell and the other part is going good bacteria?? after all someone noticed the connection to fungi and growth Mykos azzos etc… so may have some merrits? Just something I wouldn’t try with multiple plants at risk

1 Like

Glad to provide a smile😆

I’m curious too. I’m hoping for lots of helpful little microbes, but at the first sign of stink, I’ll have to restink (sorry) this. I’m gonna start with small amounts, like .25 tsp of yoghurt / liter of water at alternate waterings to start and see what happens. Plus only one plant is the “test” plant and gets yoghurtized, the other is the control, so at the very worse, only one plant fails.

4 Likes

Captains Log Stardate 7117
Week one
Day two

The second seed, henceforth to be known as SH(Y) has sprouted, me happy. That’s about a 24 hour spread between the two seeds which is pretty good for a control, I think. Now I’ll wait until they are up to 4 nodes before youghurtizing SH(Y). Question for the forum:
I’m going to grow in coco coir, should I give the plants tiny amounts of nutes from the beginning, or wait until they show a certain number of leaves? Thanks for suggestions.

4 Likes
1 Like

GREAT! Thank you!

Wanne follow 2 and be tagged aswell if you would be okay with that i love following other peoples growjournals and i learn loads off things out off them! Thanks in advance and best wishes 4 2k17

1 Like